• Upcountry Farmers Market, 7-11 a.m., Kulamalu Town Center, Pukalani. For information, email info@upcountry farmersmarket.com; see www.upcountryfarmers market.com.
• Community work day, 8-10 a.m. restore Ko‘ie‘ie Fishpond, north Kihei. To sign up, email koieie@ mauifishpond.com; for more information, visit www.mauifishpond.com.
• Honolua Bay Stewardship, 8 a.m., at the port-apotties by Honolua Stream bridge. Contact 283-2470 or email@example.com.
• Habitat for Humanity Maui, e-cycling TVs and computers, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., 901 Lower Main St., Wailuku. Call 280-6460 or ReStore, 986-8050.
• Archaeology and Native-Plant Outing, cultivating in Honokowai Valley; 9:15 a.m., near Honoapiilani HighwayPuukolii Road intersection, Lahaina. Call 572-8085.
• Adult Children of Alcoholics Al-Anon, 9:30-11 a.m., Good Shepherd Church, St. Mathews room, Wailuku; 10:30 a.m. AFG Women’s Group Courage to Change, Alano Club of Lahaina, 520 C. Front St., Lahaina. Call 242-0296.
• Sharing Aloha, backyard composting and vermicomposting workshop; 9:30-11 a.m., MOA Center, 164 Kamehameha Ave., Kahului. Call Wilma Nakamura, 573-3911; see joyofworms.com.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, We Agnostics; 10 a.m., Kihei Bridge Center, 131 S. Kihei Road, Kihei. Call 874-0214.
• Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation, dog adoptions; 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Whole Foods Market, Kahului. Call Dawn Hall, 876-0022.
• Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, docent-led group tour; 10 a.m., 150 Kanaloa Ave., Kahului. By reservation, call 249-2798.
• Leilani Farm Sanctuary, farm tour in Haiku; 10 a.m. Contact 298-8544 or info @leilanifarmsanctuary.org.
• Kahului Public Library, keiki story time for toddlers, preschoolers and their caregivers, 10:30 a.m. Call 873-3097.
• Dual Diagnosis Anonymous, for anyone dealing with mental health and substance-abuse issues; 11 a.m.-noon, Maui Memorial Medical Center Auditorium. Call 298-4928 or 875-1564.
• Dual Recovery Anonymous, support group for those recovering from chemical dependency and emotional or mental disorders; noon, Ka Hale A Ke Ola Homeless Resource Center. Call 242-9241.
• Maui Bridge Club, duplicate bridge; 1-4:30 p.m., 131 S. Kihei Road. For information, call 875-1317.
• Lovevolution Foundation, farm-to-table meal; 1-4 p.m., Ahimsa Sanctuary, 4505 Hana Highway, Haiku. To donate time, money or resources, contact 446-1344; visit www.Lovevolution.net.
• Codependents Anonymous Upcountry meeting, 3-4 p.m., Hannibal Tavares Community Center back parking lot, behind the community center. Call 250-8947. • Narcotics Anonymous Maui, a 12-step, NPO program. Have a drug problem? Or looking for an NA meeting? Call our Helpline, 214-1239 for information about meeting schedules or to talk to someone about your problem and how we can help.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, Club 449 gay/lesbian group, 7:30 a.m., Kalama Park bandstand, 1900 block of South Kihei Road; We Agnostics, 10 a.m., Kihei Bridge Center, 131 S. Kihei Road; call 874-0214; Seniors in Sobriety, 3:30 p.m., Kalama Heights, downstairs, 101 Kanani Road; Maui Sunset group, 5-6 p.m., toward shoreline, behind Maui Sunset, 1032 S. Kihei Road. AA meetings scheduled at 70 Central Ave., Ste. 1, Wailuku. Call 244-9673; see www. aamaui.org.
• Pacific Whale Foundation, Trail of the Whale; 8 a.m.-2 p.m. daily, Honoapiilani Highway scenic lookout; 7:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, oceanfront path fronting the Wailea Beach Resort Marriott Maui; 7:3011:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays, oceanfront path fronting Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club in Kaanapali; 8-11:30 a.m. daily (except Mondays and Wednesdays), Ulua Beach in Wailea. Call 2498811, ext. 1; visit www.pacificwhale.org.
• Maui Humane Society, Super Senior Sundays; 11 a.m.-6 p.m., 1350 Mehameha Loop, Puunene. Name your adoption fee on any senior pet over 7 years old. Visit mauihumanesociety.org; call 877-3680.
• Maui Street Eatz/Maui Sunday Market, food truck and vendor event; 48 p.m., 65 West Kaahumanu Ave., parking lot between Burger King and Ah Fooks, Kahului. Sponsored by the Maui Food Technology Center. Free to attend. Contact 2145567 or mauistreeteatz@ gmail.com.
• Codependents Anonymous Women’s meeting, 5-6 p.m., 2662 Wai Wai Place, #201, Kihei. Call 250-8947.
• Al-Anon Family Group, Beginners Welcome; 6:30 p.m., 810 Kokomo Road, Aloha Aina Center, #211, Haiku. Call 242-0296. • South Maui Volunteers; Hoaloha ‘Aina, 7:30-9:30 a.m. Dune restoration, trail maintenance. Check SouthMauiVolunteers.com
• Maui AIDS Foundation, HIV testing, counseling; 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., 1935 Main St., Wailuku. Free, confidential; 242-4900.
• La‘a Kea Foundation, organic local produce sold at a farm stand; 9 a.m.-5 p.m., 639 Baldwin Ave., Paia. Contact 281-3463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tai Chi class, 9-10 a.m., Kula Hospital. Free. Call 280-6437.
• Malama Pregnancy Center, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. 64 Central Ave., Wailuku. The center does not perform nor refer for abortions. All services are confidential and free of charge. Contact 280-5810 or info@mauipregnancy center.com.
• UH-MC Campus Health Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday & Friday; 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 310 W. Kaahumanu Ave., Kahului. Free or low-cost confidential sexual and reproductive health care. School and sports physicals
($75). For appointments, call 984-3493.
• Maui Bridge Club, duplicate bridge; 10 a.m.-2 p.m., 131 S. Kihei Road. Call 875-1317.
• Lunchtime Tai Chi, noon-12:45 p.m., State Building courtyard by flagpole, 54 High St., Wailuku; free. Call 984-8200.
• Rotary Club of Kahului, noon-1 p.m., Tante’s Island Cuisine, 100 E. Kaahumanu Ave., Kahului. Call President Gary Albitz, 281-9672.
• Lahaina Arts Association, free art class for ages 5-18, 3-5 p.m., Lahaina Surf, 1028 Wainee St. Contact 661-0111 or email@example.com.
• Parents and Children Together, women’s anger management group meets; 4:30-6:30 p.m., Wailuku. PACT also offers women’s support group; 8 a.m.-4 p.m. For intake/orientation, call 243-7001.
• Mental Health Association Support Group, for families of people with mental illness; 6-8 p.m., 2741 Leolani Place, Pukalani. Contact Bob or Harriet Collopy, 572-3757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Caregiver Support Group – Upcountry, 5:30 p.m., Pukalani Baptist Church Hall, 4 Loha Ave., Pukalani; free. For information, call Kathleen Couch, 871-5804.
• Al-Anon Family
Groups, four groups meet: Maluhia Ohana, noon, Church of
Nazarene, Pukalani; Paths to Recovery, 5:30 p.m., Grace Episcopal Church, Hoolehua, Molokai; Upcountry 6 p.m., Lumeria, Lobby, 1813 Baldwin Ave., Makawao; Lahaina Baptist Church, 7:30 p.m. Call 242-0296.
• Pacific Cancer Foundation, sponsors Linda Tesar-Amimoto’s support group for cancer patients and survivors; 5:30-6:45 p.m., Cameron Center, Wailuku. Contact 2693948 or supportgroup@ earthlink.net.
• Coming Together and Healing, closed support group for survivors of recent or past sexual assault/abuse; 6-7:30 p.m., Child and Family Services in Happy Valley. Contact Cathy Hembd, 357-8253.
• Maui Camera Club, 6-8 p.m. Hale Mahaolu Elima community meeting room, 11 Mahaolu St., Kahului. Call President John Hugg, 264-2557; see www.maui cameraclub.com.
• Hui Kane (men’s group), 6-8 p.m., Maui Family Support Services, 1844 Wili Pa Loop, Wailuku. Call 242-0900; visit www.mfss.org.
• Na Keiki O Emalia, support group for grieving keiki, teens, and their families; 6-7:30 p.m., central Maui location. Call Brooke Brown, 214-9832; visit www.nkoemaui.org.
• Codependents Anonymous Men and Womens meeting, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Kenolio Recreation Center, Bridge Rm. 2, 131 S. Kihei Road, Kihei. Call 281-0243.
• Doorway Into Light, Being With Dying group; 6:30 p.m., Kalama Heights, 101 Kanani Road, Kihei. For more information, contact the Rev. Bodhi Be, 5738334 or bodhi@doorway intolight.org.
• Adult Children of Alcoholism and Dysfunction, 6:30 p.m., 2662 Waiwai Place, No. 201, Kihei. For information, visit adult children.org.
• Maui Mixers/High Hopes clubs, traditional American folk dancing, 6:30 p.m., Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Pukalani. Call 5720671.
• Overeaters Anonymous, 12-step recovery program for compulsive overeaters, anorexics, bulimics; 6:30-7:30 p.m., Keolahou Church, Social Hall, 177 S. Kihei Road, Kihei. Call 264-7286; see www.oa.org.
• Na Wahine Ho‘omana (the empowered woman), Women Will support group; 7-8:30 p.m., Kihei Charter Middle School, 41 E. Lipoa St., Kihei. Nonprofit women’s center. Call 280-3118.
• Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, 7 p.m., St. Theresa Church, courtyard, Kihei. For information, call 463-2725. • Kaho‘olawe Island Reserve Commission seeks volunteers for various clerical and other activities. See website kahoolawe.hawaii.gov. The Datebook is for nonprofit organizations that offer free services. Submit items at least one week before the event. Submissions may be emailed to DATEBOOK@MAUINEWS.COM. Include ONLY event, organization, time/date, location and contact (first and last name if by phone) or email/web. No items will be accepted by phone. Arts, religion and sports items are not accepted in Datebook. Please send those items to the appropriate departments. Call 242-6335 for information. The Datebook calendar also appears on The Maui
News website at the bottom of the homepage.