The Mediterranean Lifestyle - English
Grilled mature cow steak ( Rubia Gallega) with roasted bimy, sweet potato, grilled tomato, thyme & and roasted lemon
The meat of the Galician Blonde cow denomination is known for being one of the best meats in the world. “La Rubia” cow stands out for being rich in protein, providing essential amino acids as well as minerals, such as potassium, phosphorus and magnesium. Its excellent quality with an ecological and traditional diet and the peculiar production system of the farmers make “La Rubia” cow exceptional meat. Its light pink color and yellowish fat present a lean appearance when cut, with a firm consistency, slightly moist and shiny. The maturation time is very important to achieve the best texture and flavor of the meat. Its texture is smooth and with finegrained muscle. It is meat that stands out for its intense and pleasant flavor, with extraordinary tenderness, juiciness and succulence. In short, it is meat for exquisite and demanding palates, who seek unique and special sensations in beef.
600 g mature cow steak (Rubia Gallega) 2 g Maldon salt
2 g pepper
5 ml of extra virgin olive oil
4 ml of “Arbequina” variety extra virgin olive oil 2 thyme leaves
50 g butter
4 cloves of garlic
TO FINISH THE DISH
Mediterranean aromatic herb leaves 1 lemon
200 g bimi
3 sweet potato
1 fresh tomato
1. Dry the meat and brown over a very hot grill, cook for 5 minutes on each side and add Maldon salt and black pepper.
2. Prepare the butter, oil, garlic, mint leaves and thyme in a pan, melt and bathe the meat slowly so that it acquires the flavor for 3 minutes, count and plate quickly.
3. Roast the sweet potatoes and lemon in the oven for 40 min, you can add a little lavender honey to accompany.
4. Also brown the bimi on the grill with a little extra virgin olive oil and Maldon salt for 4 min.
5. Cut the tomatoes into slices, add a little salt and pepper and grill for 2 min on each side, you can add a little fresh oregano, to your liking.
6. Plate the ingredients on an olive board, and enjoy a wonderful wine from the Ribera del Duero to accompany.
You can enjoy this delicious dish at Mercure hotels in Spain, as Mercure Lugo and soon in Mercure Benidorm.