‘Multiple’ suspects sought in Bangor assault
Two people were injured after being attacked by “multiple” assailants Thursday night in what Bangor police called a home invasion and assault.
The 10 p.m. incident occurred in the 200 block of South Main Street in the borough. Two people were treated for injuries at an area hospital, said police Officer Kevin Jones, calling it an isolated incident. He did not identify the victims, other than to say they were both adults.
No one had been charged or arrested as of Friday night, Jones said.
Khalid Mzioud, a neighbor, said he looked outside and saw police use a stun gun on a man.
“The guy fell to the ground, but then got back up and ran,” Mzioud said. “He ran right between my house and the next-door neighbor’s, jumped over the wooden fence and broke a piece of it off. Then he took off through the back yard. It was like watching a movie.”
Mzioud said it was too dark to get a good description.
People sitting on the invaded home’s porch declined to identify themselves or comment Friday afternoon as police combed a nearby creek under the South Main Street bridge.
“We found evidence in the creek, but we don’t know how helpful it will be to us,” Jones said, referring to an item neighbors said was a coat.
Located near downtown, South Main Street is a community of multifamily homes separated by narrow alleys. Many of the neighbors are retirees and firefighters and quite a few families have children, said Dawn Mzioud, Khalid Mzioud’s wife.