U-Haul buys former GE Oil & Gas offices for new retail, self-storage
U-Haul is overhauling the former GE Oil & Gas offices at 5500 SE 59, converting the expansive property into a retail and self-storage location.
U-Haul Moving & Storage of South Sooner will encompass 132,907 square feet of space in the three buildings on 19.3 acres. Parent company Amerco Real Estate Co., Reno, Nevada, acquired the property for $5,099,999 on Aug. 18, county records show.
Renovations, including high-tech security and climate-controlled spaces, are expected to be complete this winter. A dozen people will be employed, UHaul said.
The property includes a 110,940square-foot light industrial warehouse
built in 1969, a 14,000square-foot office building constructed in 2001, and a 9,400-square-foot heavy industrial warehouse built in 2015, county records show.
The acquisition was driven by U-Haul corporate sustainability initiatives, said Scott Brackin, president of U-Haul Co.of Oklahoma City. U-Haul supports infill developments to help communities lower their carbon footprint, he said.
“We are amplifying our sustainable footprint by reusing a building that has been here since 1969, which means we are preserving a piece of community history while taking an environmentally responsible approach to expansion,” Brackin said.
Newmark Robinson Park reports these real estate transactions:
• Emera Corp. paid $1.3 million for a 12,162square-foot retail building at 2300 S Broadway, Edmond, from Shahan Rentals LLC. Danny Ojeda, Michael Rapella and Jay Cohlmia with Newmark Robinson Park represented the seller.
• Trub Holdings LLC paid $1,070,000 to Village Corner LLC for 0.92 acre at 9400 N May Ave. Cohlmia, Rapella and Ojeda with represented the buyer and Jeremy Foraker with Foraker Co. represented the seller.
• SKS Holdings III LLC paid $975,000 to Investment Property Exchange Service Inc. for a 2,245square-foot building at 737 E High 152, Mustang, to open a Schlotzsky’s Restaurant. Michael Almaraz and John Cohlmia with Newmark Robinson Park represented the buyer.
• Doolittle Holdings LLC paid $650,000 to Halleyjack LLC for a 3,246-square-foot building in Preston Office Park at 13124 N MacArthur Blvd. Vicki Knotts with Newmark Robinson Park represented the seller and Judy Yetter with Chenowith & Cohen represented the buyer.
• Barbour Investments LLC paid $560,000 to Ann Halley Family Trust for a 3,574-square-foot building at 13901 Quail Pointe Drive. Ben Knotts with Newmark Robinson Park represented the buyer.
• Corbyn Roberts Homes LLC paid $515,000 for a 2,995square-foot building in Turtle Creek Professional Offices at 13220 N MacArthur Blvd. Brent Conway with Newmark Robinson Park represented the seller.
• RHL 12 LLC paid $2.2 million to West Worldwide Services Inc. for a 96,766-square-foot building at 501 N Ann Arbor. Kris Davis and Brett Price with Newmark Robinson Park represented the seller.