Winners announced for virtual Champions of Health Awards featuring speaker Brooke Shields
TULSA — Actress, model and author Brooke Shields will serve as keynote speaker for the virtual Champions of Health Awards from 4 to 5 p.m. Sept. 28.
Presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK), the 18th annual Champions of Health Awards will honor individuals and organizations working to improve the health of Oklahomans.
“The Champions of Health Awards are a chance to honor our deserving winners and finalists, while highlighting the Oklahoma Caring Foundation’s efforts to protect the health of our communities,” said BCBSOK President Joseph R. Cunningham, M.D. “I look forward to hearing from Brooke Shields about her long career in Hollywood and her experience with postpartum depression.”
The Center for Individuals with Physical Challenges (The Center), a Tulsa-based non-profit organization dedicated to providing opportunities for individuals with physical challenges, is the recipient of the Dr. Rodney L. Huey Memorial Champion of Oklahoma Health, the highest honor of the Champions of Health Awards.
Additional winners and finalists include:
● Champion of Children’s Health Winner: Anna’s House Foundation Finalist: Counseling & Recovery Services of Oklahoma CALM Center
● Champion of Senior Health Winner: LIFE Senior Services Finalist: Areawide Aging Agency
● Champion of the Uninsured Winner: Health Outreach Prevention Education, Inc. (H.O.P.E.) Finalist: Brendon McLarty Memorial Foundation
● Community Health Champion Winner: Family & Children’s Services COPES 911 Finalist: Hospitality House of Tulsa
● Corporate Health Champion Winner: Paycom
For sponsorship opportunities and to register for free for the virtual event, visit championsofhealth.org.