1. Where did Rose Royce get their name?
2. Which Eagles song mentions seeing “a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac”?
3. Name the first group to release “Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever.”
4. Which Bon Jovi song has ended up as the theme song on a Discovery channel show?
5. Name the song that contains this lyric: “Father, father, we don’t need to escalate, You see, war is not the answer, For only love can conquer hate.”
Answers 1. When
the soundtrack for the film “Car Wash,” management wanted an automotive theme for the band as well. Rose Norwalt fronted the group.
2. “The Boys of Summer,” with lyrics penned by Don Henley, who says he really did see that sticker on the back of a Cadillac Seville in San Diego.
3. The Four Tops, in 1966. Right on its heels came the covers, with four in the next year alone. Even The Band joined the mix in 1971.
4. “Wanted Dead or Alive,” on the “Deadliest Catch.”
5. “What’s Going On,” by Marvin Gaye in 1971. The song was co-written by Gaye after witnessing police brutality in Berkeley during an anti-war protest.