Au­thor­i­ties say man killed in fire made worse by clut­ter

The Saratogian (Saratoga, NY) - - LOCAL NEWS -

COLONIE, N.Y. >> Au­thor­i­ties say a man has died in a house fire made worse by clut­ter.

Po­lice say a neigh­bor re­ported a fire at a one-story house in Colonie just af­ter 8 p.m. Fri­day.

Of­fi­cials say a hoard­ing sit­u­a­tion ham­pered ef­forts to ex­tin­guish the fire and search the house. Colonie Deputy Fire Co­or­di­na­tor Michael Ro­mano said the clut­ter “made res­cue ef­forts very hard.”

Fire­fight­ers even­tu­ally found 68-year-old Roger Cle­mente in­side the house. Po­lice say he had died of smoke in­hala­tion.

More than 50 fire­fight­ers from sev­eral fire area de­part­ments bat­tled the blaze. Ro­mano says no first re­spon­ders were in­jured.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.