State police release results of traffic enforcement
Pennsylvania State Police in Area 4, which included Troops J, L, and M, conducted a two-day sustained enforcement effort from May 15-16. The detail targeted violations relating to distracted driving, aggressive driving, commercial vehicle safety, impaired driving, and highway criminal interdiction along State Route 222 through Lancaster, Lehigh and Berks counties. The detail produced the following enforcement statistics:
• 99 speeding citations • 8 citations relating to distracted driving
• 7 aggressive driving citations
• 11 seatbelt or child restraint citations
• 398 other citations
• 5 DUI arrests
• 8 wanted persons • 7 drug arrests
• 1 firearms arrest
• 92 commercial vehicles inspected totaling 70 citations, 8 drivers out of service, and 5 vehicles out of service
• A CDL operator was arrested on a federal probation warrant.
For more information about the Pennsylvania State Police, visit www.psp. pa.gov.