The Southern Berks News

KU creates scholarshi­ps for Pell Grant eligible students

- By Medianews Group

Kutztown University establishe­d its Pell Promise scholarshi­ps to help students in need. Beginning in the 2022 fall semester for newly-accepted students, the KU Pell Promise scholarshi­p covers the entire cost of student tuition and mandatory fees after the student’s federal grants (Pell and SEOG) and Pennsylvan­ia state grants, as well as additional institutio­nal scholarshi­ps that have been awarded.

The Pell Promise is KU’s commitment to undergradu­ate students to close the gap between merit and need-based aid received, tuition and fees. This incoming-student award begins with the Fall 2022 class. KU will cover the remaining balance of tuition and mandatory fees after Pell Grant, PHEAA Grant and all other institutio­nal awards.

To be eligible for the KU Pell Promise, students must:

• Be admitted into an undergradu­ate program for your first bachelor’s degree.

• Be classified as a Pennsylvan­ia resident; and qualify for in-state tuition.

• Be eligible for Pell Grant and PA State Grant (state applicatio­n required).

• Be an incoming freshman with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale), or an incoming transfer with a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or above.

• Be enrolled full-time at the end of the drop/add period each semester.

This award requires that a student maintain full-time enrollment up to 18 credits per semester. To maintain eligibilit­y, students must remain in good standing and continue to meet the eligibilit­y requiremen­ts.

Students can receive the scholarshi­p for eight consecutiv­e semesters for new students (six semesters for transfer students). At the end of each academic year, students must earn at least 24 new credits with a 2.5 or higher GPA. Students must file the FAFSA every year and remain Pell and PA State grant eligible to renew the KU Pell Promise.

Students are automatica­lly considered when they apply to KU and submit a completed, processed FAFSA to KU.

Questions can be directed to KU’s Office of Financial Aid at financiala­

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United States