The Star Democrat

New Year’s Day fire damages pole building

-

EAST NEW MARKET — Unattended cooking in a steamer pot is the preliminar­y cause of a Jan. 1, fire at 3600 Goose Creek Road in East New Market. According to a report from the Office of the

State Fire Marshal, the occupant David W. Nickerson reported the fire shortly after 10:30 a.m. where the fire ignited the exterior of a detached building.

The pole building sustained approximat­ely $20,000 in damage and an additional $10,000 in loss of contents. Units from the East New Market Volunteer Fire Department responded and had the fire under control in 25 minutes.

 ?? OSFM ?? A pole building owned by David Nickerson of East New Market was damaged by a New Year’s Day fire.
OSFM A pole building owned by David Nickerson of East New Market was damaged by a New Year’s Day fire.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United States