Football camps planned
There are opportunities for student athletes to hone their skills this summer.
Blackhawk Summer Pride & Football camps set
Basically, every Monday through Thursday morning from 7 to 8:30 a.m., with the exception of June 4-7 and the dead weeks, there will be camp, according to head Blackhawk football coach Stephen Neal.
Blackhawk Summer Pride II Camps are scheduled in three one-week sessions —
• Week 1, July 9-12;
• Week 2, July 16-19; and
• Week 3, July 23-25. All sessions will be from 9 to 10 a.m. Athletes are to wear a loose T-shirt, athletic shorts and athletic shoes.
Seventh-grade Blackhawk student athletes will be participating in the Pride Camp with the junior and senior high athletes.
Pride II Family Camp is slated for all parents and siblings of Pride II Athletic Camp participants. It is a new summer program offered by Blackhawk Athletics. It is $25 for the entire family and will be held in the Blackhawk indoor field and weight room. Family members are invited and encouraged to participate in the training sessions of student athletes and workouts will be scaled to the ability of each participant.
Hawk Football Camp slated
Hawk Football Camp for second- through sixthgrade athletes in Blackhawk Stadium will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. July 16-18. The cost is $30 and includes a T-shirt.
The camp is a noncontact camp. Skills such as safe blocking and tackling techniques will be emphasized as well as specific mental and character lessons.
The goals of ’Hawk Football Camp are:
• To improve individual position skills consistent with what is taught by both youth and high school football staffs;
• To develop meaningful relationships with young Blackhawks of the community; and
• Continue developing team unity in a team environment.
Athletes should wear T-shirt, athletic shorts and football cleats.
The cost for students who wish to attend both Pride II Athlete Camp and ’Hawk Football Camp Cost:
• 2nd- through 6th-grade Pride II Athlete Camp, $50
• 2nd- through 6th-grade Hawk Football Camp, $30
• Both camps, $70 (save money)
• Pride II Family Camp, $25 covers entire family.
For information, contact head coach Stephen Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org.