Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: T IN LITERATURE
Each answer is one word that begins with “T.” (e.g., What is the last word of the book “Angela’s Ashes”? Answer: ‘Tis.)
1. The Bible is divided into two parts: The “Old” and the “New” what? Answer________
2. In the nursery rhyme, what little thing is described as “short and stout”? Answer________
3 The first name of the elder son of the family in “The Grapes of Wrath.” Answer________
9. In the fairy tale, what little girl was scarcely half a thumb in height? Answer________
4. The most famous character created by author Edgar Rice Burroughs. Answer________
5. What is the occupation of Mr. Chipping in “Goodbye, Mr. Chips”? Answer________
6. In “The Prisoner of Zenda,” Zenda is a small ____. Answer________
7. Who wrote the poem “The Charge of the Light Brigade”? Answer________
8. Surname of the person who wrote “Walden.” Answer________ 18 points – congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points – honors graduate; 10 to 14 points – you’re plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points – you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points – enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points – who reads the questions to you?