The Union Democrat
Pacific Gas and Electric Co. offered storm safety tips including:
• Never touch downed wires: Report downed power lines immediately by calling 911 and then PG&E at 1-800-7435002.
• Secure outdoor furniture.
• Use generators safely and make sure they are properly installed in a well-ventilated area.
• Use flashlights, not candles.
• Have a backup phone.
• Have fresh drinking water and ice.
• Turn off and unplug appliances if the power goes out.
For more information about PG&E outages visit https://pgealerts.alerts.pge.com/outagecenter online.