The Union Democrat
(Updated Fridays, covers Nov. 19-23)
Tuolumne County New cases: 71 Average daily cases: 20 Total cases: 17,175 (14,123 community; 3,052 SCC inmates) Deaths: 202 Recovered: 13,817 Active cases: 104 Hospitalizations: 2 (daily average for past two weeks)
Tests conducted: 259,696
Total fully vaccinated: 33,729 (61.9% all ages)
Calaveras County (Updated Tuesdays, covers Nov. 16-22)
New cases: 40
Total cases: 8,710 Deaths: 136 Recovered: 8,535 Active cases: 39 (as of Nov. 22)
Active hospitalizations: 0 (as of Nov. 22)
Tests conducted: 116,988
Total fully vaccinated: 27,492 (59.9% all ages)
California: 10,611,075 total cases; 96,701 deaths; 190,312,970 tests conducted; 85,311,644 vaccines given; 29,483,059 (74.6% all ages) total fully vaccinated.
United States: 98,542,542 total cases; 1,079,104 deaths; 653,502,647 vaccines given; 228,390,445 (68.8% all ages) total fully vaccinated.
World: 640,853,718 total cases; 6,629,283 deaths; 12,860,007,038 vaccines given; 5.01 billion (62.9% all ages) total fully vaccinated.
Sources: Tuolumne County Public Health Department, Calaveras County Public Health Division, California Department of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Our World in Data, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
When you should get tested: Five days after travel or close contact with others outside of your household; as soon as possible if experiencing symptoms; and/or every 14 to 28 days if regularly working with the public.
Testing is available from:
• Local health care providers;
• Rite Aid at 855 Mono Way, Sonora: www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/services/covid-19-testing
• Mother Lode Fairgrounds, 220 Southgate Drive, Sonora — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Appointments can be scheduled at www.lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1123.
• Book a vaccine appointment at https:// myturn.ca.gov or call (833) 422-4255.
• Homebound residents in Tuolumne County can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 533-7440 for a mobile vaccination appointment. They or their caretakers can also go to https:// myturn.ca.gov and select “homebound.”
• CVS and Rite Aid stores in Tuolumne and Calaveras counties: Sign up at https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid19-vaccine or www.riteaid. com/pharmacy/covidqualifier
• The Safeway pharmacy: Register at mhealthsystem.com/3127tuolumne or call (209) 533-7812.
• The Save Mart pharmacy: Register at https://savemartluckysched.rxtouch.com/smsched/program/covid19/patient/ Advisory or call (209) 5361118 for Sonora store.
• Twain Harte Pharmacy: Call (209) 586-3225 for information and appointments.