Winter event to be held in Boulder County on Friday Boulder
Boulder County will participate in the international Winter Bike to Work Day on Friday. Bike to Work Day is a popular free event that encourages commuters to save money, enhance health, reduce road traffic and enhance air quality by biking to work. The main Bike to Work Day event is held annually on the fourth Wednesday in June, but the winter Bike to Work Day is a “tradition for seasoned cyclists,” according to the event website.
The event is organized by Way to Go, a program of the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG), as well as regional transportation management associations.
Event participants are encouraged to stop at designated stations for coffee and food. In Boulder County, there will be stations in Boulder, Louisville, Superior, Niwot and Longmont. Below is a list of stations along with their addresses and hours (note that these may differ from the store hours):
• Boulder Chamber/boulder Transportation Connections: Open from 7-9 a.m. for burritos, coffee, tea, water and other refreshments. 2440 Pearl St.
• Boulder Junction: Open from 4-7 p.m. for happy hour, free appetizers and giveaways. 2366 Junction
• Burritos To-go: Open from 7-9 a.m. for breakfast burritos. Located outside Firstbank at 2835 Pearl St.
• Community Cycles: Open from 7-9 a.m. 2575 Spruce St.
• Full Cycle, Colorado Multisport & The Tune Up: Open from 7-9 a.m. for free coffee and bike safety check, with bagels and breakfast food available for purchase. 2355 30th St.
• HUNT Bike Wheels & The Coffee Ride: Open from 6:30-9 a.m. for pancakes and coffee. 2516 49th St.
• Nude Foods Market: Open from 6:30-9 a.m. for a zero-waste breakfast. 3233 Walnut St.
• Only Natural Pet: Open from 6-10 a.m. for coffee, breakfast, store coupons and pet giveaways. 2100 28th St. #1C.
• REI Boulder: Open from 6:30-9:30 a.m. for free coffee samples. 1789 28th St.
• St. Julien Hotel & Spa: Open from 6:30-9 a.m. for hot breakfast. 900 Walnut St.
• Trek Bicycle Boulder: Open from 7-10 a.m. for breakfast burritos, coffee and free bike adjustments. 2626 Baseline Road.
• Venus de Miles: Open from 6:30-9 a.m. for swag, coupons and more. 1820 Folsom St.
• Ebike of Colorado: Open from 7-9 a.m. for coffee, mimosas, breakfast pastries and “fun surprises.” 544 Front St.
• Louisville Cyclery:
Open from 6:30-9:30 a.m. 889 E. South Boulder Road.
• Paul’s Coffee & Tea: Open from 6:30-9 a.m. for hot coffee, burritos, pastries and swag for riders. 956 W. Cherry St. #101.
• The Pro’s Closet: Open from 6:30-9 a.m. for coffee, snack bars and swag. Located at 101 S. Taylor Ave. in the Pearl Izumi parking lot.
• Commuting Solutions: Open from 6:30-11:30 a.m. for breakfast burritos, coffee, prizes and other items. Located at 1 Superior Drive in front of the Sports Stable.
• Niwot Wheel Works: Open from 6-9 a.m. for coffee, hot chocolate and breakfast burritos. 101 2nd Ave.
• City of Longmont Development Services Station: Open from 7:30-9 a.m. for burritos, cookies, hot chocolate and donuts. 385 Kimbark St.
• Long Mont Velo: Open from 4-6 p.m. for cookies and cupcakes. 1111 Francis St. #B.
• Small Planet ebikes: Open from 7:15-9:30 a.m. for breakfast burritos, pastries and hot beverages. 724 Main St.
Riders who wish to participate can register at https://biketoworkday. co/#pledgetoride. As of Monday at 6 p.m., there were over 1,700 riders and 36 stations registered for the event.