Times Chronicle & Public Spirit
Harrison Senior Living marks 50th anniversary
Harrison Senior Living, an award-winning provider of healthcare and hospitality services to seniors in Valley Township, Chester County, and the Eastern Shores of Delaware and Maryland, is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a series of special events through 2023.
Established by James and Katherine Harrison in 1972, the company’s first community was located in Southeastern Pennsylvania. In the decades that followed, Harrison Senior Living opened four additional locations in Delaware and Maryland.
All Harrison Senior Living communities will be celebrating the company’s golden milestone through a series of events at each location, enabling residents, their families, staff and members of the greater community to reflect on the company’s history, honor its residents and staff and celebrate the company’s future of growth and expansion into new geographic and service areas.
Some of the upcoming anniversary events:
• COMMUNITY DAY PICNIC>> Friday, 1-4 p.m., at the Harrison House of Snow Hill, Snow Hill, Md. The theme is “Celebrating YOU! Our Staff & Our Community.”
• OPEN HOUSE>> Sept. 29, 3-6 p.m. at the John B. Parsons Community. The theme is “Relax and Reflect” and will include tours of the community’s renovated spaces.
• ART SHOW>> Oct. 6, 4-7 p.m. at the Harrison House of Chester County, Valley Township. The theme is “An Evening of Art & Community,” where the focus will be a modern take on local history.
These events will be followed by team member recognition events in October at each location. The event schedule is designed to include and show appreciation for all of Harrison Senior Living’s stakeholders.
For more information about these and other Harrison Senior Living golden anniversary events, contact the respective host facility. Events are by invitation only due to healthcare regulations.
“Harrison Senior Living takes pride in operating all of its communities in a loving, family-like setting, for the benefit of patients, residents, and staff,” said Harrison Saunders, president and CEO, Harrison Senior Living. “Not only is our 50th anniversary a testament to our residents, their families and our staff, it is also an opportunity to highlight our commitment to being and remaining a family-ownedand-operated healthcare and hospitality company.”
Under the leadership of the third generation of the Harrison family, Harrison
Senior Living has been the recipient of numerous honors and awards:
• 2022 winner of the Silver Award for Quality for Harrison House of Snow Hill, by the American Health Care Association
• 2022 is the seventh year in a row that the Harrison House of Georgetown has been awarded “Best of Nursing Care Center in Southern DE” by Metropolitan Magazine readers.
• 2022 is the second year in a row that the John B. Parsons Assisted Living has been awarded “Best of Nursing Care Center in Eastern Maryland” by Metropolitan Magazine readers.
• 2022 winner of the Bronze Award for Quality for the John B. Parsons Assisted Living, by the American Health Care Association
• 2022 winner of the “Best Place to Work” designation, company-wide and for the second year running at Harrison House of Chester County and the John B. Parsons community
• 2021 and 2022 employee awards included three McKnight’s Healthcare News awards, Women of Distinction awards and the Titan 100 CEO award.
Harrison Senior Living team members are encouraged to be active in their respective communities and to give back whenever possible. Team members participate as volunteers or sit on the boards of organizations including area senior centers, chambers of commerce, Rotary Clubs, Boy Scouts of America, the Alzheimer’s Association, state healthcare facilities’ associations and animal, and environmental protection groups.
Harrison Senior Living plans to continue celebrating its achievements and, more importantly, providing residents with the very best in healthcare and senior living services. To learn more, visit www.harrisonseniorliving.com.
About Harrison Senior Living
Harrison Senior Living has provided healthcare and hospitality services to seniors for 50 years. Family owned and operated, Harrison Senior Living takes extra pride and care in the services it delivers. Its Independent Living, Assisted Living/Personal Care, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and rehabilitation communities are all committed to meeting the needs of residents in a loving, home-like environment.
With locations in Southeastern Pennsylvania, Delaware and the Eastern Shore of Maryland, Harrison Senior Living offers a continuum of care services and senior living options, through programs that offer a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of its residents and the communities it serves.
Harrison Senior Living abides by the following core values:
• Treat residents and guests with respect, compassion and empathy.
• Empower its teams to strive for the highest quality and standards.
• Serve the communities within its buildings and outside among its neighbors, always exceeding expectations.
• Maintain a family of support, service and excellence.
Harrison Senior Living does everything possible to help residents and their loved ones find the support they need. Whether that comes in the form of advanced skilled nursing programs, rehabilitation services, assisted living options or independent living communities, Harrison Senior Living is always looking for new ways to develop and nurture creatively caring communities for residents and guests alike.