Sherlock for Supervisor
I am voting for Rochelle Sherlock for Solano County Board of Supervisors District 2. I encourage everyone to consider voting for Rochelle for several reasons:
She shares my values — she is thoughtful, compassionate, and listens to everyone. She has been a fierce community advocate, addressing issues pertaining to transportation, public safety, disaster preparedness, older adults, women/children and families, and strengthening the nonprofit sector which serves as the front line defense for many social and environmental issues.
At public forums she speaks about her experience and offers solutions to many issues. Unlike some of the other candidates, she talks about what she knows and what she does, not just about who has endorsed her.
Rochelle wrote the successful $6 million grant to build Proposition 47 engagement in Solano — which aims to reduce recidivism among non-violent offenders and get them off the streets. She’s led more than a dozen transportation summits for seniors and people with disabilities, creating better transit access, as well as, worked on pedestrian safety. In addition, Sherlock:
• Cofounded the Green Valley Fire Safe Council, and serves as its chair.
• Held emergency preparedness events.
• Supported micro-financed farmers, women greenhouse associations, indigenous women artisans in the Dominican Republic, Honduras, and Guatemala.
• Developed a strategic plan for the Institute of Nature and Environmental Studies in the Dominican Republic.
• Co-founded the Volunteer Center of Solano County.
• Is a co-founder, and current chair, of the Solano Commission for Women and Girls.
• Chairs the Measure P Oversight Committee in the City of Fairfield.
• Helped launch Solano’s first Give Local Campaign.
• Is the interim board president for a low-income senior apartment complex.
When you consider who you will vote for, don’t just look to see who has endorsed a candidate. Also look at their qualifications — can they do the job? Do they have the experience? Can they articulate the issues and the solutions?
That is why my vote goes to Rochelle Sherlock. — Bobbi Enderlin/Proud
member of Soroptimist International of Benicia/ www.soroptimistofbenicia.org 2018-2020 Region Membership
Chair, Founder Region