Times Standard (Eureka)
Historic Rohnerville Cemetery has a new sign
Board members of the Fortuna Cemetery District have placed a new sign at the Rohnerville Cemetery site on Rohnerville Road in Fortuna.
The cemetery was formerly named the Catholic Cemetery and was founded in 1861. The property was deeded to the district in 1969, which enabled the cemetery to be opened to all residents of any faith.
The district is responsible for weekly maintenance by mowing and edging, headstone repairs due to vandalism and removal of trash.
District board members encourage the public to visit burial sites and ask the public to help maintain the site by removing their trash after visiting.
Plots are currently available for purchase. For more information, call 707-7256459.