Project Over/Under: Part 3.5
The newly wrapped headliner was set back in place and we began reinstalling the color-matched parts and fasteners.
Soon, the headliner was locked into place and looking good.
We bolted on the new wheel, then reattached the horn assembly. With the airbag module plugged back in, it simply snapped into place. Since this wheel has provisions for the steering wheel controls, we bought the cheapest set we could find on eBay and popped it in. Making the controls functional would require a wiring harness and a miracle, so that would have to wait for a while.
A 13/16 socket removed the bolt that holds the steering wheel on. And just before we grabbed the wheel puller, we shook and pulled on the wheel, and it popped off so we got to skip a step!
The aforementioned shroud was removed from the old wheel and bolted to the Grant leather wheel.
The Grant custom leather-wrapped OEM airbag steering wheel fills a void for steering wheel upgrades. It comes with easy-to-read instructions, and we wasted no time getting it on the truck.
The last step was to reassemble the visors and reattach them to the roof. From here, we reinstalled the seats and the rest of our trim panels, and our job at Stitchcraft was complete.
With the battery disconnected for a few minutes, we stuck two mini-screwdrivers in the access holes on each side of the plastic shroud behind the wheel.
The horn connector was pushed in and turned to be removed. Then the four Torx bolts were removed to detach the rest of the horn assembly from the wheel.
The airbag module popped right out, and we removed the two connectors and carefully set it aside.
We continued trimming and tucking across the rear of the cab.
A heat gun helped in some of the tightest corners, which is up at the front of the hump. Then the last corner was laid in place.