Valley City Times-Record
WEEKLY ONGOING EVENTS/REMINDERS: *VCPW Landfill Winter Hours are as follows Monday-Friday open from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Saturday’s the location will be open the 3rd Saturday in November (19th) and December (17th) from 8 a.m.- noon. For more information call 701-8450314. The landfill is located at 11490 35th Street SE, Valley City.
*Valley City Optimist Club Roller Skating Sunday night’s from 6-8 p.m. at the Rec Center, 140 4th St SW, Valley City. No outside roller skates or roller blades allowed. Adults skate free with accompained by a child. Rental options available for parties or events. For more information call 701-490-0828.
*Farmers Market will be held from 4-6 p.m. in the Rosebud Parking Lot (across from Elks building) and will continue every Monday and Thursday throughout the growing and harvest season. For more information call 701-840-7402.
*St. Catherine Quilters make quilts for those in need, meeting every Thursday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. in the basement gym of St. Catherine School. All are welcome, no experience necessary and supplies are provided. Questions call Christine 701-8402580 or Lela 701-8458352.
* Celebrate Recovery, a christ centered 12-step program for every hurt, habit or hang-up meets 6:15 p.m. free will donation meal, 7 p.m. large group, 8 p.m. small group with childcare available at Connect Church, 320
Central Avenue South in Valley City. For more information call Donnie at 701-840-2375 or Erin 701-213-6834.
*AA Fellowship Corner Meeting Schedule: Monday 8 p.m., Tuesday 6 p.m., Wednesday noon, Friday noon, Saturday 8 p.m. For more information call 701-845-3705. The meetings are held at 320 2nd Ave SE in Valley City.
*Barnes County Museum, is open and welcoming visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. The museum is located at 315 Central Ave N, Valley City. Call Wes at 701-845-0966 for tour and additional information.
Tues., Nov. 8
• Sheyenne Valley Friends of Animals will hold their annual meeting on Tuesday, November 8th, 7 p.m., at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Valley City. Guest speaker will be Dr. Amber Helmbolt, veterinarian, talking about chiropractic care for animals. The meeting is open to all to attend.
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10:30 a.m. Next Chapter Book Club.
• VFW meeting will be held on Nov. 8, 6:30 p.m.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 1:15 p.m. Pinochle. Taco salad, breadstick, pudding.
Wed., Nov. 9
• Disabled American Veterans meeting will be held November 9th, 7 p.m., at the Valley City Eagles Club.
• VCSU’s Phil Alpha Theta History Club welcomes the community to honor Veteran’s Day by attending Dean Pedersen’s speech at VCSU on November 9th. Pedersen is a Vietnam Veteran who served from 1968 to 1969 as an M-60 machine gunner in the 2nd Platoon of Bravo Company, 3rd Battalion, 503rd Infantry, 183rd Airborne Brigade. History club will be sponsoring Pedersen in speaking to students, faculty and members of the community in the Skoal Room at the Memorial Student Center at 3 p.m.
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10 a.m. Circle Time, 10:30 a.m. Story Hour.
• Barnes County Wildlife will hold their November meeting on the 9th at the VC Eagles Club.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders, 1:15 p.m. Whist. Beef stew, dinner, roll, spice cake.
Thurs., Nov. 10
• Grief Suppoprt Group meeting will be held Thursday, November 10, 6:30 p.m., at Alley Beans Coffee Shop with speaker Karl Kietzman, CNP from Sanford Clinic, speaking on topic - grief vs depression. Refreshments will be served. The meeting is open to the public and all are welcome to attend. Alley Beans is located at 231 3rd St NE in Valley City.
• The Barnes County Historical Society’s monthly meeting is scheduled for Thursday November 10th at 5pm at the Barnes County Museum, 315 Central Ave. N. in Valley City. The Society meets the second Thursdays of the month.
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10:30 a.m. Crafty Cats Guitar Coloring;
4:30 p.m. Teen Book Club; 6 p.m. In-Knots Crochet.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 11:30 a.m. brunch, 1 p.m. board games. Egg bake, bacon, hashbrown patties, danish.
Fri., Nov. 11
• Valley City Public Works Office, City Hall & Transfer Station will be closed Friday, November 11th in observance of Veteran’s Day. *Please note changes due to incoming weather* Garbage Schedule: Wednesday and Thursday route will be picked up on Wednesday Nov 9th and Friday Routes will be picked up on Thursday November 10th. As always, please have Garbage out by 7am.
• Buffalo Wildlife Club 74th annual Banquet and Smoker will be held Friday, November 11 at the
Buffalo Fire Hall in Buffalo, ND, serving from 6:30 p.m.-1 a.m. Raffles, food and refreshments. For more information call 701-238-3337 or 701799-2141. Tickets are available in advance by calling numbers above or at the door.
• American Legion Post 60, AMVETS Post #3, DAV Chapter #24, VFW Post 2764 join together to Honor all Veterans on Veterans Day by sayin thank you and sponsoring a free meal for all area Veterans
and their spouses on Veterans Day, November 11, 2022, at the local Eagles Aerie 2192 from 5-7 p.m.
• Barnes County Courthouse will be closed on Friday, November 11, 2022 in honor of Veterans Day. The Barnes County Jail and Sheriff’s Office will remain staffed.