Valley City Times-Record
WEEKLY ONGOING EVENTS/REMINDERS: *VCPW Landfill Winter Hours are as follows Monday-Friday open from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Saturday’s the location will be open the 3rd Saturday in November (19th) and December (17th) from 8 a.m.noon. For more information call 701-845-0314. The landfill is located at 11490 35th Street SE, Valley City.
*Valley City Optimist Club Roller Skating Sunday night’s from 6-8 p.m. at the Rec Center, 140 4th St SW, Valley City. No outside roller skates or roller blades allowed. Adults skate free with accompained by a child. Rental options available for parties or events. For more information call 701-490-0828.
*St. Catherine Quilters make quilts for those in need, meeting every Thursday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. in the basement gym of St. Catherine School. All are welcome, no experience necessary and supplies are provided. Questions call Christine 701-840-2580 or Lela 701845-8352.
* Celebrate Recovery, a christ centered 12-step program for every hurt, habit or hang-up meets 6:15 p.m. free will donation meal, 7 p.m. large group, 8 p.m. small group with childcare available at Connect Church, 320 Central Avenue South in Valley City. For more information call Donnie at 701-840-2375 or Erin 701-213-6834.
*AA Fellowship Corner
Meeting Schedule: Monday 8 p.m., Tuesday 6 p.m., Wednesday noon, Friday noon, Saturday 8 p.m. For more information call 701845-3705. The meetings are held at 320 2nd Ave SE in Valley City.
*Barnes County Museum, is open and welcoming visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. The museum is located at 315 Central Ave N, Valley City. Call Wes at 701-845-0966 for tour and additional information.
UPCOMING EVENTS: Fri., Nov. 11
• The Barnes County Historical Society/Museum Nov 11th Lecture series featuring Dr. Suzanne Kelley, “Uff Da: The Folk Art of Emily Lunde” scheduled for 7PM has been cancelled due to the incoming predicted weather. The exhibit “Uff Da: The Folk Art of Emily Lunde” is on loan from the North Dakota Museum of Art and will be at the Barnes County Museum through November 18th.
• Valley City Public Works Office, City Hall & Transfer Station will be closed Friday, November 11th in observance of Veteran’s Day. *Please note changes due to incoming weather* Garbage Schedule: Wednesday and Thursday route will be picked up on Wednesday Nov 9th and Friday Routes will be picked up on Thursday November 10th. As always, please have Garbage out by 7am.
• Buffalo Wildlife Club 74th annual Banquet and Smoker will be held Friday, November 11 at the Buffalo Fire Hall in Buffalo, ND, serving from 6:30 p.m.-1 a.m. Raffles, food and refreshments. For more information call 701-238-3337 or 701-799-2141. Tickets are available in advance by calling numbers above or at the door.
• American Legion Post 60, AMVETS Post #3, DAV Chapter #24, VFW Post 2764 join together to Honor all Veterans on Veterans Day by sayin thank you and sponsoring a free meal for all area Veterans and their spouses on Veterans Day, November 11, 2022, at the local Eagles Aerie 2192 from 5-7 p.m.
• Barnes County Courthouse will be closed on Friday, November 11, 2022 in honor of Veterans Day. The Barnes County Jail and Sheriff’s Office will remain staffed.
• Valley City Public Schools and St. Catherine School will be closed on Friday, November 11th in honor of Veterans Day. School will resume normal hours on Monday, November 14.
• VCBC Public Library will be closed in observaance of the Veterans Day holiday.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders, 1 p.m. bingo. Meatballs, mashed potatoes/ gravy, Prince Edward veggies, cookie.
Sat., Nov. 12
• 2022 Holiday Craft and Vendor Event will be held
Saturday, November 12th, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., at the Valley City Eagles Club, 345 12th Ave NE, Valley City. Event is hosted by Luv4Sewing.
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10:30 a.m. LEGO Club.
• Myron Sommerfeld and His Music will perform at the Moorhead American Legion for an “Honor Flight” Benefit Event on Saturday, November 12th from 3-5 p.m. For more information call 701-361-6972.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: Tomato bisque, tuna fish croissant, broccoli & cauliflower w/ranch, pears.
Sun., Nov. 13
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: Country fried steak, mashed potatoes/gravy, carrots, fruit crisp.
Mon., Nov. 14
• VC Lions Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. for an officer’s meeting at the VC Eagles Club.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 1:15 p.m. Whist. Brat on a bun, sauerkraut, wedges, mixed fruit.
Nov. 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20
VCHS presents “The Great Gatsby” play Nov. 15th, 17th, 18th and 19th at 7:30 p.m. each evening. The final matinee performance will be held Sunday, Nov. 20th at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are first come, first serve and are available for purchase at the door. Call 701845-0483 for more information.