Valley City Times-Record
WEEKLY ONGOING EVENTS/REMINDERS:
* Be sure to grab your Wednesday Times-Record editions to register to win prizes in our Shop Local event. Each Wednesday the TR will print participating business entry forms. Clip them out, visit the business while your shopping and drop in your entry form for your chance to win weekly prizes. Also watch out for our little elf friend, Clementine, from the North Pole. Find her and be entered for your chance to win more prizes.
* Dacotah Bank will be holding a Food Drive through November 29th.
They are collecting food items in lobby of the bank, 240 3rd St NW, Valley City, to be donated to the VCSU Student Resource Pantry. For more information call 701-845-2712.
* Dacotah Bank is sponsoring the Community Gift Tree with gifts dropped off to the bank at 240 3rd St NW, Valley City by December 16th. For more information call Dalene Brock at 701-8452712.
*VCPW Landfill Winter Hours are as follows Monday-Friday open from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Saturday’s the location will be open the 3rd Saturday in November (19th) and December (17th) from 8 a.m.noon. For more information call 701-845-0314. The landfill is located at 11490 35th Street SE, Valley City.
*Valley City Optimist Club Roller Skating Sunday night’s from 6-8 p.m. at the Rec Center, 140 4th St SW, Valley City. No outside roller skates or roller blades allowed. Adults skate free with accompained by a child. Rental options available for parties or events. For more information call 701-490-0828.
*St. Catherine Quilters
make quilts for those in need, meeting every Thursday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. in the basement gym of St. Catherine School. All are welcome, no experience necessary and supplies are provided. Questions call Christine 701-840-2580 or Lela 701845-8352. * Celebrate Recovery, a christ centered 12-step program for every hurt, habit or hang-up meets 6:15 p.m. free will donation meal, 7 p.m. large group, 8 p.m. small group with childcare available at Connect Church, 320 Central Avenue South in Valley City. For more information call Donnie at 701-840-2375 or Erin 701-213-6834.
*AA Fellowship Corner Meeting Schedule: Monday 8 p.m., Tuesday 6 p.m., Wednesday noon, Friday noon, Saturday 8 p.m. For more information call 701-845-3705. The meetings are held at 320 2nd Ave SE in Valley City.
*Barnes County Museum, is open and welcoming visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. The museum is located at 315 Central Ave N, Valley City. Call Wes at 701-845-0966 for tour and additional information.
Nov. 17, 18, 19 & 20
• VCHS presents “The Great Gatsby” play Nov. 17th, 18th and 19th at 7:30 p.m. each evening. The final matinee performance will be held Sunday, Nov. 20th at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are first come, first serve and are available for purchase at the door. Call 701-845-0483 for more information.
Thurs., Nov. 17
• The Annual Meeting of the Valley City-Barnes County Development Corporation is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 17, 2022 at the Valley City Eagles Club, 345 – 12th Avenue NE, Valley City, ND.
• VCHS Boys Basketball Parent Meeting will be held November 17th, 7 p.m., Hi-Liner Activity Center Lobby. For more information call 701-845-0483.
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 4-6 p.m. Kid Crafternoon making Hatching Dinosaur Eggs; 5:30 p.m.; Library Board Meeting.
• Aerie and Auxiliary meeting, fun night and intiation will be held Novmeber 17th at the club.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 11:30 a.m. November birthday dinner, 1 p.m. board games. Ham, baked potatoes, baked beans, Jello, birthday cake.
Fri., Nov. 18
• Sons of Norway Hjemdahl Lodge #3-381 invite all to attend “A Child’s View of World War II” presented by Norwegian brothers Rev. Aanen Gjovik and Peder Gjovik on Friday, November 18th, 7 p.m., Valley City Eagles Club. Event includes a free education program that is open to all ages. Lunch will be served following the one hour program.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders, 1 p.m. bingo. Tuna noodle hotdish, peas, dinner roll, chocolate chip bar.
Sat., Nov. 19
• A Bake, Quilt and Lefse Sale will be held at Our Saviors Lutheran, 138 3rd St NW, Valley City, on Saturday, November 19 from 8:30-11:00 a.m.
• The Valley City Transfer Station will be open this Saturday, November 19th from 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 2 p.m. Painting Party making Snowman at Dawn. Please call to register 701-845-3821.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: Spaghetti and meatballs, lettuce salad, garlic toast, peaches.
Sun., Nov. 20
• Barnes County 4H Banquet will be held Nov. 20th at the Valley City Eagles Club.
• Valley City Junior Olympic Club Tryouts will be held Sunday, November 20th from students grades 5-8 from 1-2:45 p.m. and 9-12 from 3-4:45 p.m. at the Hi-Liner Activity Center. For more information visit the Valley City Jo Volleyball page on Facebook.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: Chipped beef, rice, wax beans, pumpkin cake.
Mon., Nov. 21
• The Barnes County Wildlife Club will host the 38th annual Buck Show on Monday, November 21st at the Valley City Eagles Club. Entries accepted from 6-7:30 p.m. with prizes awarded in adult and youth categories. Visitors of all ages are welcome. For more information contact TJ Hansen at 701490-0929.
• Emily Wros, a librarian at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, and head librarian of the North Dakota Library Freedom Committee, will be presenting a current topic titled “Banned Books, Libraries & Intellectual Freedom” at the Barnes County Museum at 7 pm,Monday, November 21st. Everyone is welcome to attend; the presentation is free and open to the public.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 1:15 p.m. Whist. Fishwich, potato wedges, cauliflower, cookie.
Tues., Nov. 22
• VCPR Turkey Dinner Duathlon will be held Tuesday, November 22nd, 6 p.m., at the Gaukler Family Wellness Center. For more information visit https:// www.vcparks.com/turkeyday-duathlon/
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10:30 a.m. Next Chapter Book Club.; 5 p.m. Football Pie Pillows craft.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 1:15 p.m. Pinochle. Chicken cordon bleu, Rosemary potatoes, brussel sprouts, applesauce.
Wed., Nov. 23
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10 a.m. Circle Time, 10:30 a.m. Story Hour.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders, 1:15 Whist. Swiss steak, stewed tomatoes, baked potato, pudding.
Thurs., Nov. 24
• VCBC Public Library will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
• Barnes County Courthouse will be closed on Thursday, November 24, 2022 in observance of Thanksgiving Day. The Barnes County Jail and Sheriff’s Office will remain staffed.
• VC Eagles Club will be closed Nov. 24th for Thanksgiving.
• Barnes County Senior Center will be closed November 24th for the Thanksgiving holiday.