Valley City Times-Record
WEEKLY ONGOING EVENTS/REMINDERS:
*The Barnes County Veteran Service Office will be relocating from the Barnes County Courthouse to 575 10th Street SW, Suite #7, Valley City, ND. The office will be open to the public starting Wednesday, November 30th. If you need assistance we will be available by phone at 701-845-8511. * Little Liners Basketball offers teaching of the fundamental basketball skills to boys and girls grades K-3 with one hour practices on December 4, 18, January 15, 29 and February 5 at the Hi-Liner Activity Center. To register contact Tyler VanBruggen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-840-8430. * Dacotah Bank will be holding a Food Drive through November 29th. They are collecting food items in lobby of the bank, 240 3rd St NW, Valley City, to be donated to the VCSU Student Resource Pantry. For more information call 701-8452712. * Dacotah Bank is sponsoring the Community Gift Tree with gifts dropped off to the bank at 240 3rd St NW, Valley City by December 16th. For more information call
Dalene Brock at 701-8452712. *Valley City Optimist Club Roller Skating Sunday night’s from 6-8 p.m. at the Rec Center, 140 4th St SW, Valley City. No outside roller skates or roller blades allowed. Adults skate free with accompained by a child. Rental options available for parties or events. For more information call 701-490-0828. *St. Catherine Quilters make quilts for those in need, meeting every Thursday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. in the basement gym of St. Catherine School. All are welcome, no experience necessary and supplies are provided. Questions call Christine 701-8402580 or Lela 701-8458352.
* Celebrate Recovery, a christ centered 12-step program for every hurt, habit or hang-up meets 6:15 p.m. free will donation meal, 7 p.m. large group, 8 p.m. small group with childcare available at Connect Church, 320 Central Avenue South in Valley City. For more information call Donnie at 701-840-2375 or Erin 701-213-6834. *AA Fellowship Corner Meeting Schedule: Monday 8 p.m., Tuesday 6 p.m., Wednesday noon,
Friday noon, Saturday 8 p.m. For more information call 701-845-3705. The meetings are held at 320 2nd Ave SE in Valley City. *Barnes County Museum, is open and welcoming visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. The museum is located at 315 Central Ave N, Valley City. Call Wes at 701-845-0966 for tour and additional information. UPCOMING EVENTS: Wed., Nov. 23
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10 a.m. Circle Time, 10:30 a.m. Story Hour.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders, 1:15 Whist. Swiss steak, stewed tomatoes, baked potato, pudding. Thurs., Nov. 24
• VCBC Public Library will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
• Barnes County Courthouse will be closed on Thursday, November 24, 2022 in observance of Thanksgiving Day. The Barnes County Jail and Sheriff’s Office will remain staffed.
• VC Eagles Club will be closed Nov. 24th for Thanksgiving.
• Barnes County Senior
Center will be closed November 24th for the Thanksgiving holiday. Nov. 24 & 25 • Valley City Public Schools and St. Catherine School will be closed November 24th & 25th in observation of the Thanksgiving holiday. School will resume on Monday, November 28. Fri., Nov. 25
• Valley City Chamber invites all to enjoy Christmas in the Valley kickoff with Tree Lighting at Veterans Park, 5:30 p.m., Friday, November 25th.
• Sodbuster Saloon 4th annual Predator and Varmint Hunt registration will be held Friday, November 25th from 4-7 p.m. with hunting starting at 6 p.m. Animal check-in deadline is no later than 6 p.m. Saturday, November 26th. Meal served after the hunt at The Sodbuster Saloon in Sibley, ND.
• VCBC Public Library Activities: No school movie day showing The Good Dinosaur, 11 a.m.
• Valley City Firemen’s Ball will be held Nov. 25th at the VC Eagles Club.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders, 1 p.m. bingo. Ring sausage, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, fresh fruit.