Valley City Times-Record
WEEKLY ONGOING EVENTS/REMINDERS: *45th annual Valley City Care’s Mitten Tree wil be located at Stoudt-Miller this year as well as other drop off points including Veteran’s Office, Mane Tamer and Dollar General. Watch for more details to come in your Times-Record.
*The Page Park Board invites all to visit their second annual Light up the Park spectacular. 24 hours a day until January 7th with hot cocoa, apple cider, and gift baggies for kiddos on Wednesday’s. The park is open to the public with a suggested free will donation. The park is highly visible from State Highway 38 and Cass County 26 in Page, ND.
*The Barnes County Veteran Service Office will be relocating from the Barnes County Courthouse to 575 10th Street SW, Suite #7, Valley City, ND. The office will be open to the public starting Wednesday, November 30th. If you need assistance we will be available by phone at 701-8458511.
* Little Liners Basketball offers teaching of the fundamental basketball skills to boys and girls grades K-3 with one hour practices on December 4, 18, January 15, 29 and February 5 at the Hi-Liner Activity Center. To register contact Tyler VanBruggen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-840-8430.
* Be sure to grab your Wednesday Times-Record editions to register to win prizes in our Shop Local event. Each Wednesday the TR will print participating business entry forms. Clip them out, visit the business while your shopping and drop in your entry form for your chance to win weekly prizes. Also watch out for our little elf friend, Clementine, from the North Pole. Find her and be entered for your chance to win more prizes.
* Dacotah Bank will be holding a Food Drive through November 29th. They are collecting food items in lobby of the bank, 240 3rd St NW, Valley City, to be donated to the VCSU Student Resource Pantry. For more information call 701-845-2712.
* Dacotah Bank is sponsoring the Community Gift Tree with gifts dropped off to the bank at 240 3rd St NW, Valley City by December 16th. For more information call Dalene Brock at 701-8452712.
*Valley City Optimist Club Roller Skating Sunday night’s from 6-8 p.m. at the Rec Center, 140 4th St SW, Valley City. No outside roller skates or roller blades allowed. Adults skate free with accompained by a child. Rental options available for parties or events. For more information call 701-490-0828.
*St. Catherine Quilters make quilts for those in need, meeting every Thursday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. in the basement gym of St. Catherine School. All are welcome, no experience necessary and supplies are provided. Questions call Christine 701-840-2580 or Lela 701845-8352.
* Celebrate Recovery, a christ centered 12-step program for every hurt, habit or hang-up meets 6:15 p.m. free will donation meal, 7 p.m. large group, 8 p.m. small group with childcare available at Connect Church, 320 Central Avenue South in Valley City. For more information call Donnie at 701840-2375 or Erin 701-2136834.
*AA Fellowship Corner Meeting Schedule: Monday 8 p.m., Tuesday 6 p.m., Wednesday noon, Friday noon, Saturday 8 p.m. For more information call 701-845-3705. The meetings are held at 320 2nd Ave SE in Valley City. *Barnes County Museum, is open and welcoming visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. The museum is located at 315 Central Ave N, Valley City. Call Wes at 701-845-0966 for tour and additional information.
UPCOMING EVENTS: Dec. 1-16
• Valley City Chamber of Commerce Christmas in the Valley fun with savings galore during the 12 Days of Christmas and vote for the best window display contest. Shop locally, support your community businesses, family and friends.
• The 23rd annual North Star Classic will be held December 2nd-4th. Visit https://northdakotawintershow.com/northstar-about for more information.
Fri., Dec. 2
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders, 1 p.m. bingo. Beef stew, dinner roll, carrot cake.
Sat., Dec. 3
• Christmas at Homewood will be held Saturday, December 3rd, 2 p.m. singing the songs of the season featuring music by several area musicians. The event will be held at the Tim & Becky Hager farm, 11145 40th St. SE, Valley City. Directions: Exit 288 on I-94, 5-1/2 miles south on Hwy. #1 and 1-3/4 miles west (turn at the Moon Lake sign).
• VCBC Public Library activities: Beginner’s Crochet classes, 2:30 p.m.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: Loaded baked potato soup, beef sandwich, coleslaw, pears.
Sun., Dec. 4
• The Valley Troubadours
Christmas Concert tour will be performing at the VCSU Center for the Arts Building on Sunday, December 4th at 4 p.m. The concert is open to the public with free will donation.
• Christmas on Pearl Street annual vendor and craft open house will be held December 4th from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. For more information call Liane Stout at 701-412-4485.
• Pancake and sausage benefit for Fire Chief Daryl Kunze will be held Sunday, December 4th, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Dazey Community Hall. Proceeds will go to Daryl to help with expenses while he is unable to work during cancer surgery and treatments. An account has been set up at Bank Forward for donations.
• The District 24 DEMNPL will be holding their Holiday Roundup on Sunday, December 4th at the Dacotah Pavillion in Chautauqua Park in Valley City. Meal is at 5:30 pm with silent auction and then live auction beginning at 6:15 pm. Everyone welcome. Call 701845-5799 for tickets or more information.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes/gravy, beets, Blondie bar.
Mon., Dec. 5
• 2022 Band and Choir Christmas Concert will be held Monday, Dec. 5th, at 7pm in the HAC lobby featuring all of our music ensembles (bands and choirs) from 7-12th grade. The event is free and open to the public, all are welcome.
• The Valley Troubadours Christmas Concert tour will be performing at the Sheyenne Care Center on Monday, December 5th at 6:30 p.m. The concert is open to the public with free will donation.