Valley City Times-Record
WEEKLY ONGOING EVENTS/REMINDERS:
*45th annual Valley City Care’s Mitten Tree wil be located at Stoudt-Miller this year as well as other drop off points including Veteran’s Office, Mane Tamer and Dollar General. Watch for more details to come in your Times-Record.
*The Page Park Board invites all to visit their second annual Light up the Park spectacular. 24 hours a day until January 7th with hot cocoa, apple cider, and gift baggies for kiddos on Wednesday’s. The park is open to the public with a suggested free will donation. The park is highly visible from State Highway 38 and Cass County 26 in Page, ND.
*The Barnes County Veteran Service Office will be relocating from the Barnes County Courthouse to 575 10th Street SW, Suite #7, Valley City, ND. The office will be open to the public starting Wednesday, November 30th. If you need assistance we will be available by phone at 701845-8511.
* Little Liners Basketball
offers teaching of the fundamental basketball skills to boys and girls grades K-3 with one hour practices on December 4, 18, January 15, 29 and February 5 at the Hi-Liner Activity Center. To register contact Tyler VanBruggen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-840-8430.
* Be sure to grab your Wednesday Times-Record editions to register to win prizes in our Shop Local event. Each Wednesday the TR will print participating business entry forms. Clip them out, visit the business while your shopping and drop in your entry form for your chance to win weekly prizes. Also watch out for our little elf friend, Clementine, from the North Pole. Find her and be entered for your chance to win more prizes.
* Dacotah Bank will be holding a Food Drive through November 29th.
They are collecting food items in lobby of the bank, 240 3rd St NW, Valley City, to be donated to the VCSU Student Resource Pantry. For more information call 701-845-2712.
* Dacotah Bank is sponsoring the Community Gift Tree with gifts dropped off to the bank at 240 3rd St NW, Valley City by December 16th. For more information call Dalene Brock at 701-8452712.
*Valley City Optimist Club Roller Skating Sunday night’s from 6-8 p.m. at the Rec Center, 140 4th St SW, Valley City. No outside roller skates or roller blades allowed. Adults skate free with accompained by a child. Rental options available for parties or events. For more information call 701-490-0828.
*St. Catherine Quilters make quilts for those in need, meeting every Thursday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. in the basement gym of St. Catherine School. All are welcome, no experience necessary and supplies are provided. Questions call Christine 701-8402580 or Lela 701-8458352.
* Celebrate Recovery, a christ centered 12-step program for every hurt, habit or hang-up meets 6:15 p.m. free will donation meal, 7 p.m. large group, 8 p.m. small group with childcare available at Connect Church, 320 Central Avenue South in Valley City. For more information call Donnie at 701840-2375 or Erin 701-2136834.
*AA Fellowship Corner Meeting Schedule: Monday 8 p.m., Tuesday 6 p.m., Wednesday noon, Friday noon, Saturday 8 p.m. For more information call 701-845-3705. The meetings are held at 320 2nd Ave SE in Valley City.
*Barnes County Museum, is open and welcoming visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. The museum is located at 315 Central Ave N, Valley City. Call Wes at 701-845-0966 for tour and additional information.
• Valley City Chamber of Commerce Christmas in the Valley fun with savings galore during the 12 Days of Christmas and vote for the best window display contest. Shop locally, support your community businesses, family and friends.
Mon., Dec. 5
• 2022 Band and Choir Christmas Concert will be held Monday, Dec. 5th, at 7pm in the HAC lobby featuring all of our music ensembles (bands and choirs) from 7-12th grade. The event is free and open to the public, all are welcome.
• The Valley Troubadours Christmas Concert tour will be performing at the Sheyenne Care Center on Monday, December 5th at 6:30 p.m. The concert is open to the public with free will donation.
• The Medora Christmas Memories concert returns to Valley City on Monday, December 5 on the VCSU Campus in Vangstad Auditorium, 7:30 p.m. This award-winning holiday favorite is wonderful for the entire family. Visit www. MedoraChristmas.com for tickets or more information.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 1:15 p.m. Whist. Chipped beef, mashed potatoes, Key West veggies, peaches.
Tues., Dec. 6
• VCBC Public Library activities: 10:30 a.m. Next Chapter Book Club.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 1:15 p.m. Pinochle. Hamburger hotdish, peas, dinner roll, cake.
Dec. 6, 8 & 9
• Barnes County Girls Basketball Tournament will be held Tuesday, December 6, 8 and 9th in Valley City at the Valley City State University’s W.E. Osmon Fieldhouse. The tournament schedule, past tournament results and stats can be found at www.vcsuvikings.com/bct
Wed., Dec. 7
• 16th Annual “Sounds of the Season” Brown Bagger Series, 12: 10 to 12:50 p.m. at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 138 3rd St. N.W. in Valley City. Faye Bubach will be the featured performer. Bring your lunch or just come to listen to the music of the holiday season and enjoy provided refreshments.
• VCBC Public Library activities: 10 a.m. Circle Time, 10:30 a.m. Story Hour.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders, 1:15 p.m. Whist. Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, mandarin oranges.
Thurs., Dec. 8
• VCBC Public Library activities: 10:30 a.m. Crafty Cats cookie decorating, 4:30 p.m. Teen Book Club, 6 p.m. In Knots Crochet.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 11:30 a.m. brunch, 1 p.m. board games. Pancakes, sausage links, breakfast potatoes, caramel roll.
Fri., Dec. 9
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders, 1 p.m. bingo. Lasagna, lettuce salad, breadstick, cookie.
Dec. 10 & 11
• John L. Monilaws and the EBC Alumni strike up the band in December for two concerts at the Nome Schoolhouse - featuring an 18-piece big band orchestra and several vocal ensembles and solo performers with the “We’re in the Christmas Mood” concert will be held Saturday, December 10 for a dinner concert at 6:30 p.m. and on Sunday, December 11 with a dessert table at 2 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online at NomeSchoolhouse.com
Sat., Dec. 10
• Alice Wildlife Feed will be held Saturday, December 10th, 6 p.m., at the Alice Fire Hall.
• VCBC Public Library activities: 10:30 a.m. LEGO club.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: Chicken alfredo with noodles, lettuce salad, garlic toast, two-tone dessert.
Sun., Dec. 11
• Just for Kix of Valley City presents their Kix Holiday Show “Just Kickin’ With My Gnomies” on Sunday, December 11th at the Hi-Liner Activity Center.
• Santa is coming to Fort Ranson Community Center Sunday, December 11th, 3-6 p.m. sharing all kinds of Christmas fun including: sleigh rides, bingo, cake walk, potluck and candy bags given out by the big guy himself and Mrs. Claus. The event is free and open to the public with a free will offering suggested.
• Buffalo Lutheran Church Celebrate the Season Soup and Sandwich Luncheon will be held Sunday, December 11, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in Buffalo, ND. The event is a free will offering and will be followed by a Holiday Concert at 1 p.m.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: Ham, baked potato, baked beans, bar.
Mon., Dec. 12
• The Valley Troubadours Christmas Concert tour will be performing at the Barnes County Courthouse on Monday, December 12th at 7 p.m. The concert is open to the public with free will donation.
• Valley City Community Closet will be open Monday, December 12th, 5-7 p.m. at the north entrance of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 138 3rd St NW, Valley City. No early arrivals please, doors do not open until 5 p.m. For more information call 701-8408850.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 1:15 p.m. Whist. Meatballs, mashed potatoes/gravy, cauliflower, muffin.
Tues., Dec. 13
• VCBC Public Library activities: 10:30 a.m. Next Chapter Book Club, 5 p.m. Snowman Bracelet craft class.
• Barnes County Senior Center activities and meal info: 12 p.m. NARFE, 1:15 p.m. Pinochle. Taco salad, breadstick, pudding.
Wed., Dec. 14
• VCPR Kids Holiday Camp will be held December 19th-23rd at the Gaukler Wellness Center in Valley City for grades K-6. Games, crafts, movies, pool time and so much more. Call 701-845-3294 for more information and to register before Dec. 14.
• Disabled American Veterans meeting will be held December 14th, 7 p.m., at the Valley City Eagles Club.
• VCBC Public Library activities: 10 a.m. Circle Time, 10:30 a.m. Story Hour.