Valley City Times-Record
WEEKLY ONGOING EVENTS/REMINDERS:
*Valley City Chamber of Commerce and Department of Motor Vehicles offices have moved to 253 Central Avenue North, Suite 101, downtown Valley City. DMV hours of operation are 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. For more information call Chamber 701-845-1891, DMV 701845-3812.
*Valley City Optimist Club Roller Skating Sunday night’s from 6-8 p.m. at the Rec Center, 140 4th St SW, Valley City. No outside roller skates or roller blades allowed. Adults skate free with accompained by a child. Rental options available for parties or events. For more information call 701-490-0828.
*St. Catherine Quilters make quilts for those in need, meeting every Thursday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. in the basement gym of St. Catherine School. All are welcome, no experience necessary and supplies are provided. Questions call Christine 701-8402580 or Lela 701-8458352.
* Celebrate Recovery, a christ centered 12-step program for every hurt, habit or hang-up meets 6:15 p.m. free will donation meal, 7 p.m. large group, 8 p.m. small group with childcare available at Connect Church, 320 Central Avenue South in Valley City. For more information call Donnie at 701840-2375 or Erin 701-2136834.
*AA Fellowship Corner Meeting Schedule: Monday 7 p.m., Tuesday 6 p.m., Wednesday noon, Friday noon, Saturday 8 p.m. For more information call 701-845-3705. The meetings are held at 320 2nd Ave SE in Valley City.
*Barnes County Museum, is open and welcoming visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. The museum is located at 315 Central Ave N, Valley City. Call Wes at 701-845-0966 for tour and additional information.
UPCOMING EVENTS: Wed., Jan. 18
• Service of Prayer for Christian Unity on Jan 18th at New Life Assembly of God from 12:10-12:40pm. Sponsored by Barnes County Ministerial Association. We join together in prayer for Christian Unity, celebrated internationally from Jan 15-22.
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10 a.m. Circle Time, 10:30 a.m. Story Hour.
• Valley City Eagles Trustee meeting will be held January 18, 7:30 p.m., at the club.
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: Chicken alfredo with noodles, green beans, dinner roll, tropical fruit. 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders Exercise.
Thurs., Jan. 19
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 4-6 p.m. Kid Crafternoon - Cookie decorating; 5:30 p.m. Library Board Meeting.
• Valley City Aerie and Auxiliary meetings and initation will be held January 19, 7:30 p.m., at the club.
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: Swiss steak, stewed tomatoes, mashed potatoes, chocolate cake. 11:30 a.m. January Birthday Dinner, 1 p.m. Board Games.
Fri., Jan. 20
• Jefferson Elmentary PTO will host Free Movie Night in the Jefferson School Gymnasium, Friday, January 20th, doors open at 5:30 p.m., movie (“The Bad Guys”) starts at 6 p.m. Concessions avaialble for purchase, please no outside food. Bring blankets, chairs, whateer you would like to sit on. Children must be accompained by an adult. All family members of Jefferson students are welcome.
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: Hamburger hotdish, corn, dinner roll, plums. 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders Exercise, 1 p.m. Bingo.
Sat., Jan. 21
• Special Olympics State Winter Games will be held Saturday, January 21, 1 p.m., at Chautauqua Park in Valley City. Athletes will compete in the winter games sports including: Alpine Skiing, Cross Country Skiing, and Snowshoeing.
• SVACA will be hosting a Barn Quilt class with all materials will be provided. The class is limited to the first twenty students. Please call 701-830-9982 or email Kbbakernd@pm.me to register or for more information.
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: Bean & bacon soup, ham sandwich, applesauce.
Jan. 21, 22 & 23
• VCHS Music Presents
Karaoke Classics Cafe Concert January 21, 7 p.m., January 22, 3 p.m., & January 23, 7 p.m.. Concert will feature senior, varsity & show choirs, jazz band, solos & groups, 7th and 8th grade choirs. For more information call Lori Jury at 701-845-1558, 701-490-1034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun., Jan. 22
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: Pork chop, mashed potatoes & gravy, wax beans, fruit crisp.
• The Reserve at Woodland will host a Public Open House event on January 22 with tours available from 12-3 p.m. Desserts and refreshments will be served. For more information visit ww.the reserveatwoodland.com or call 701-490-0174.
Mon., Jan. 23
• Valley City Lions Club meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m.
• January 23rd a pancake feed & fundraiser to benefit our local museum will be held January 23 from 4:30-7 p.m. at the Valley City Eagles Club Riverside room. Menu features Swedish pancakes, hot cakes, sausage, toppings with homemade Boxelder syrup along with door prizes, raffle.
• “Advocating for Gun Violence Prevention” will be presented by Cheryl Biller a volunteer with the organization Moms Demand Action ND, which is a voice for gun safety and gun violence prevention. It will be held at 7 pm on Monday, at the Rhoades Science Center auditorium on the campus of Valley City State University, in Valley City. Everyone is invited to attend this free talk.
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: Lasagna, lettuce salad, breadstick, cookie.
Tues., Jan. 24
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10:30 a.m. Next Chapter book club.
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: BBQ ribs, scalloped potatoes, peas, peaches. 1:15 p.m. Pinochle.
Wed., Jan. 25
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10 a.m. Circle Time, 10:30 a.m. Story Hour; Book Club 4 p.m.
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: Chicken kiev, potato wedes, carrots, white cake. 9:30 a.m. Bone
Builders Exercise, p.m. Whist.
Thurs., Jan. 26
• Valley City Eagles Auxiliary Hamburger Night will be held January 26 5-7 p.m. at the club.
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10:30 a.m. movie, TBD; 6 p.m. In-Knots Crochet.
• Community Heartsaver CPR/AED and First Aid Class is available to anyone in the community needing CPR/AED and/ or First Aid Certification. Classes are instructed by CHI Mercy Health and the Valley City Cardiac Ready Community team and will be held January 26 from 6-10 p.m. at the Health Education Center/CHI Mercy Health Hospital. To sign up call Alana McClellan at 701-840-1009 or 701-845-6400 or email Alana.email@example.com
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: Chicken casserole, brussel sprouts, dinner roll, Jello. 1 p.m. Board Games.
Fri, Jan. 27
• VCSU Career Expo will be held Tuesday, February 21, 20223 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the VCSU Student Center on VCSU Campus, 101 College Street SW, Valley City. Register by January 27th at https:// vcsu-ndus.nbsstore.net/career-fiar-vendor-registration.
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: Cheeseburger hotdish, broccoli, yellow cake. 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders Exercise, 1 p.m. Bingo.
Sat., Jan. 28
• Stoudt-Miller, Inc. joins with the Valley City Eagles Club to host a benefit for Pat Malec,who is battling metastatic breast cancer. A free will offering baked potato bar, silent auction, bake sale and wine/spirits pull will be held January 28, at the club, starting at 5 p.m. The Eagles is located at 345 12th Ave NE in Valley City.
• District 24 Legislative will hold a Meet and Greet in Litchville at the Community Center from 8:30-10 a.m. and in Lisbon at Pizza Ranch (back private room) from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, January 28th.
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10:30 a.m. Lego Club.
• NC Shooting Sports meeting will be held January 28, 2-8:30 p.m., at the VC Eagles Club.