Valley City Times-Record
WEEKLY ONGOING EVENTS/REMINDERS: *Local Girl Scout Cookie Sales -- Valley City Eagles Club, 345 12th Ave NE, Valley City on Feb. 25th, Mar. 4 & 11; Handy Hardware, 727 15th ave SW, Valley City on Feb. 25, Mar. 4 and 11; Sky Lanes, 2379 Elm St. Valley City on Feb. 24, Mar. 2 & Mar. 3; VCSU-Student Center, 230 Viking Drive, Valley City Feb. 27; Dakota Plains Ag C-Store, 807 West Main St, Valley City. Call 701-845-0107 for specific dates and times;
Valley City Chamber of Commerce, 253 Central Ave N, Suite 101, Valley City on Sat., Mar. 4. *Valley City Troubadours
rehearse every Monday night at 7 at the Epworth United Methodist Church. Rehearsal is open to all men who want to have some fun and share the gift of song. You do not have to be a professional singer. We have a spot for all. Stop into the church or email John Monilaws at email@example.com for more information.
*Valley City Chamber of Commerce and Department of Motor Vehicles offices have moved to 253 Central Avenue North, Suite 101, downtown Valley City. DMV hours of operation are 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. For more information call Chamber 701-845-1891, DMV 701845-3812.
*Valley City Optimist Club Roller Skating Sunday night’s from 6-8 p.m. at the Rec Center, 140 4th St SW, Valley City. No outside roller skates or roller blades allowed. Adults skate free with accompained by a child. Rental options available for parties or events. For more information call 701-490-0828.
*St. Catherine Quilters make quilts for those in need, meeting every Thursday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. in the basement gym of St. Catherine School. All are welcome, no experience necessary and supplies are provided. Questions call Christine 701-8402580 or Lela 701-8458352.
* Celebrate Recovery, a christ centered 12-step program for every hurt, habit or hang-up meets 6:15 p.m. free will donation meal, 7 p.m. large group, 8 p.m. small group with childcare available at Connect Church, 320 Central Avenue South in Valley City. For more information call Donnie at 701840-2375 or Erin 701-2136834.
*AA Fellowship Corner Meeting Schedule: Monday 7 p.m., Tuesday 6 p.m., Wednesday noon, Friday noon, Saturday 8 p.m. For more information call 701-845-3705. The meetings are held at 320 2nd Ave SE in Valley City.
*Barnes County Museum, is open and welcoming visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. The museum is located at 315 Central Ave N, Valley City. Call Wes at 701-845-0966 for tour and additional information.
Mon., Feb. 27
• Love Your Library Open House to be held Monday, February 27, 2-6 p.m. in the Mary E. Fischer/Multipurpose room at the Valley City Barnes County Public Library. The event is an informational opportunity to learn more about how your library purchases materials, how we determine where it belongs, and why we may purchase an item or reasons we may not purchase an item. Refreshments including: coffee, cocoa, lemonade, water, and cookies will be served. The library is located at 410 Central Avenue in Valley City. For more information call 701-845-3821.
• The legislative oversight committee will host a review of bills, still active after crossover, on Monday, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m. in the VCHS cafeteria, door W3. District 24 legislators have been invited. The event is free and open to the public.
• Valley City Community Closet will be open Monday, February 27, 5-7 p.m., to all those who need winter clothing and/or accessorie. The closet is located in Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 138 3rd St. NW in Valley City. Call 701-8408850 for more information.
• Abused Persons Outreach Center Spaghetti Fundraiser will be held Feb. 27th at the Valley City Eagles Club from 5-7 p.m. The event is free will donation and open to the public.
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: Chicken cordon bleu, potato wedges, carrots, pears.
Tues., Feb. 28
• VCBC Public Library Activities: 10:30 a.m. Next Chapter Book Club.
• VCSU Career & Internship Expo will be held Tuesday, February 28th. Stop in to the VCSU Student Center, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., and find your dream job . Student center is located on VCSU Campus, 101 College Street SW, Valley City. Register for the event by visiting vcsundus.nbstore.net/career -fair-vendor-registration. For more information email janna.kohler@vcsu. edu or call 701-845-7534.
• A public informational meeting about the Valley City Christian School will be held Tuesday, February 28, 7 p.m., at Connect Church, 320 Central Avenue in Valley City. All are welcome to attend. More information about the school is available on FaceBook @ Valley City Christian School – VCCS.
• Valley City State University welcomes the public to join them as artist, Oda Voltersvik, shares her musical talents with Valley City in her performance at the Center for the Arts building to be held Tuesday, Feb. 28 at 7:30 p.m.
• Barnes County Senior Center Activities & Meals: BBQ ribs, scalloped potatoes, Capri vegetables, apple slices. 1:15 p.m. Pinochle Tournament.
Wed., Mar. 1
• 2023-24 VCPS Kindergarten registration and visits will be held March 9 and 10 from 9-11 a.m. each day. Call 701-845-0622 or email patty.klein@k12. nd.us to register. Deadline to register is March 1st.
Sat., Mar. 4
• NDWS Kick Off Concert will be held Sat., Mar. 4 with entertainment by Michael Ray, 8:30 p.m. and local band and opening act, Tripwire at 7 p.m. Event will be held in the Main Arena. For concert tickets visit https://i3gmedia.ticketspice.com/ 2023-michael-ray-ndwsconcert