Valley City Times-Record
WEEKLY ONGOING EVENTS/REMINDERS:
*Local Girl Scout Cookie Sales -- Valley City Eagles Club, 345 12th Ave NE, Valley City on Mar. 4 & 11; Handy Hardware, 727 15th ave SW, Valley City on Mar. 4 and 11; Sky Lanes, 2379 Elm St. Valley City on Mar. 2 & Mar. 3; Dakota Plains Ag C-Store, 807 West Main St, Valley City. Call 701-845-0107 for specific dates and times;
Valley City Chamber of Commerce, 253 Central Ave N, Suite 101, Valley City on Sat., Mar. 4. *Valley City Troubadours
rehearse every Monday night at 7 at the Epworth United Methodist Church. Rehearsal is open to all men who want to have some fun and share the gift of song. You do not have to be a professional singer. We have a spot for all. Stop into the church or email John Monilaws at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Valley City Chamber of Commerce and Department of Motor Vehicles offices have moved to 253 Central Avenue North, Suite 101, downtown Valley City. DMV hours of operation are 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:304:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. For more information call Chamber 701-845-1891, DMV 701-845-3812.
*Valley City Optimist Club Roller Skating Sunday night’s from 6-8 p.m. at the Rec Center, 140 4th St SW, Valley City. No outside roller skates or roller blades allowed. Adults skate free with accompained by a child. Rental options available for parties or events. For more information call 701-490-0828.
*St. Catherine Quilters make quilts for those in need, meeting every Thursday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. in the basement gym of St. Catherine School. All are welcome, no experience necessary and supplies are provided. Questions call Christine 701-840-2580 or Lela 701845-8352.
* Celebrate Recovery, a christ centered 12-step program for every hurt, habit or hang-up meets 6:15 p.m. free will donation meal, 7 p.m. large group, 8 p.m. small group with childcare available at Connect Church, 320 Central Avenue South in Valley City.
For more information call Donnie at 701-840-2375 or Erin 701-213-6834.
*AA Fellowship Corner Meeting Schedule: Monday 7 p.m., Wednesday noon, Friday noon, Saturday 8 p.m. For more information call 701-845-3705. The meetings are held at 320 2nd Ave SE in Valley City.
*Barnes County Museum, is open and welcoming visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. The museum is located at 315 Central Ave N, Valley City. Call Wes at 701-845-0966 for tour and additional information.
UPCOMING EVENTS: Thurs., Mar. 2
• The Monroe Doctrine Bluegrass Band will perform at the Vault Coffee Shop and Arts Center on Thursday, March 2 from 7:00 - 9:00 pm. The concert is free, with a free-will offering opportunity available to help cover musician transportation costs. For more information, call John Andrus at 701-721-8296.
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Brats on a bun, potato salad, baked beans, Rice Krispy treat. 1 p.m. board games.
March 3 & 4
• The Valley City State University Music Department is hosting a Choir and Solo Song Festival, March 3-4, 2023, which will include workshops for high school students and two concerts. The first concert is Friday, March 3, at 7:30pm and the second concert, Saturday, March 4, at 3:00pm, both concerts are held in the Center for the Arts Performing Hall and are free and open to the public.
Fri., Mar. 3
• A Retirement Party for Kerry Johnson, Barnes County Highway Superintendent, will be held on March 3 from 3-6 p.m. at the Valley City Eagles Club, 345 12th Ave NE, Valley City. For more information please call 701-845-8508.
• Valley City Public Schools is excited to celebrate a day in our school district that will be focused on building kindness, respect, and inclusivity, Wednesday, March 3, for students at Washington Elementary and the Junior/Senior High School. This event was rescheduled from the original date of March 1st due to the possibility of inclement weather.
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Fish, potato wedges, asparagus, pudding. 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders Exercise, 1 p.m. Bingo.
Sat., Mar. 4
• NDWS Kick Off Concert will be held Sat., Mar. 4 with entertainment by Michael Ray, 8:30 p.m. and local band and opening act, Tripwire at 7 p.m. Event will be held in the Main Arena. For concert tickets visit https:// i3gmedia.ticketspice.com/2023-michael-ray-ndwsconcert
• Valley City Chamber hosts the 2nd annual Cocoa & Coffee Crawl event on Saturday, March 4, 10a.m.-2 p.m. Register by visiting form.jotform.com or calling the Chamber at 701-845-1891 for more information.
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Knoephla soup, ham and cheese sandwich, pickled beets, peaches.
Sun., Mar. 5
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Pork chop, mashed potatoes & gravy, carrots, 7 layer bar.
Mon., Mar. 6
• A pototo bar feed and bake sale will be held Monday, March 6th, 5-7 p.m., at the Valley City Eagles Club for Sarah Halverson. The event is a free will offering and is open to the public.
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Chicken on a bun, Rosemary potatoes, green beans, mixed fruit.
Tues., Mar. 7
• North Dakota Winter Show activities: Senior Dance Day at the Valley City Eagles, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., with music by “The Love Buzzards - tickets available at the door; 2nd annual NDWS Chili Cook Off and Ice Cream Social, 6 p.m. in the Main Arena. Contact the NDWS office at 701845-1401 to enter contest or for more information.
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, peas, applesauce. 1:15 p.m. Pinochle.
Wed., Mar. 8
• North Dakota Winter Show activities: Vendor show opens at 9 a.m. in main building, Milwaukee Tool Demo and Sale, sponsored by Smith Lumber Company, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. in the South Exhibit Building. Tractor Pull, noon, Main Arena. Chamber Ag Social 4-6 p.m. in the South Exhibit Building. Truck Pull, 6 p.m. in the Main Arena. For more information or tickets call 701-845-1401 or visit northdakotawintershow.com
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, chocolate cake. 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders Exercise.
Thurs., Mar. 9
• North Dakota Winter Show activities: Horse team events, 8 a.m.; Pony Pull, 12:30 p.m.; Draft Horse Pull 2 p.m.; Rodeo and Calcutta 6:30 p.m. - all events in the Main Arena; Ladies Luncheon at the Valley City Eagles, doors open at 11:30 a.m., with guest speaker Calls Thorne. Youth activities: Wheels of Agriculture Game Show 10:45 a.m., 3 & 5 p.m., 4:15 p.m. Book reading with Miss ND Rodeo - Ag Country Stage, South Exhibit Building. For more information or tickets call 701-845-1401 or visit northdakotawintershow.com
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Egg bake, sausage links, tatertots, danish. 11:30 a.m. brunch, 1 p.m. Board games
Fri., Mar. 10
• North Dakota Winter Show activities: Queen Contest - Horsemanship, 8 a.m. in Main Arena; Market at the Armory 1-6 p.m., National Guard Armory; PRCA Rodeo Slack, 1 p.m. in Main Arena; Queen Contest - Fashion Show 3 p.m. on the Ag Country Stage in the South Exhibit Building; PRCA Rodeo 7 p.m. in the Main Arena. Youth activities: Critter Corral 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Wheels of Agriculture Game Show 10:45 a.m., 2 & 5 p.m., Ag Country Stage, South Exhibit Building. For more information or tickets call 701-845-1401 or visit northdakotawintershow.com
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information :Fishwich, augratin potatoes, cauliflower, cookie. 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders Exercise, 1 p.m. Bingo.