Valley City Times-Record
WEEKLY ONGOING EVENTS/REMINDERS:
*Debbie Miller SVFA Fundraiser “Wags &
Whiskers” will be held Saturday, April 8th, 5-7 p.m. at the Valley City Eagles Club. The event is a free will offering all you can eat spaghetti dinner, dessert walk, silent auction, Norwegian raffle, 50/50 raffle. Please consider donating new or gently used items to our Norwegian raffle and silent auction. The more auction items we have available for this event the more successful the outcome. Funds raised will be used to rescue the homeless, lost and abandoned animals in the community and surrounding areas. Call Jenni at 701-840-8332 or email jenni.svfa@gmail. com if you would like to donate items. *Valley City Troubadours rehearse every Monday night at 7 at the Epworth United Methodist Church.
Rehearsal is open to all men who want to have some fun and share the gift of song. You do not have to be a professional singer. We have a spot for all. Stop into the church or email John Monilaws at john@ popplersmusic.com for more information.
*Valley City Chamber of Commerce and Department of Motor Ve
hicles offices have moved to 253 Central Avenue North, Suite 101, downtown Valley City. DMV hours of operation are 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. For more information call Chamber 701-845-1891, DMV 701845-3812.
*Valley City Optimist Club Roller Skating Sunday night’s from 6-8 p.m. at the Rec Center, 140 4th St SW, Valley City. No outside roller skates or roller blades allowed. Adults skate free with accompained by a child. Rental options available for parties or events. For more information call 701-490-0828.
*St. Catherine Quilters make quilts for those in need, meeting every Thursday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. in the basement gym of St. Catherine School. All are welcome, no experience necessary and supplies are provided. Questions call Christine 701-8402580 or Lela 701-8458352.
* Celebrate Recovery, a christ centered 12-step program for every hurt, habit or hang-up meets 6:15 p.m. free will donation meal, 7 p.m. large group, 8 p.m. small group with childcare available at Connect Church, 320 Central Avenue South in Valley City. For more information call Donnie at 701-840-2375 or Erin 701-213-6834.
*AA Fellowship Corner Meeting Schedule: Monday 7 p.m., Wednesday noon, Friday noon, Saturday 8 p.m. For more information call 701-8453705. The meetings are held at 320 2nd Ave SE in Valley City.
*Barnes County Museum, is open and welcoming visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. The museum is located at 315 Central Ave N, Valley City. Call Wes at 701-845-0966 for tour and additional information.
UPCOMING EVENTS: Fri., Mar. 10 Mon., Mar. 13
• The parents of the senior graduation party committee wil have their next meeting on Monday, March 13 at 5 p.m. at the Valley City Eagles Club. Everyone is invited to attend. For more information contact co-chairs Dawn Mathias or Jenny Kriewald.
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Chicken kiev, baby bakers, capri vegetables, apple slices.
Tues., Mar. 14
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Cabbage roll, rice, mixed vegetables, pineapple. 1:15 p.m. Pinochle.
Wed., Mar. 15
• Valley City Eagles Club Trustee Meeting will be held on March 15, 7:30 p.m., at the club.
• Upper Sheyenne River Join Water Resource Board meeting will be held Wed., Mar. 15, 9 a.m., at the VC Eagles Club.
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Meatballs, mashed potatoes & gravy, wax beans, pudding. 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders Exercise, 12:15 pm Sing-a-long songs.
Thurs., Mar. 16
• The VCPS Education Foundation to host a family friendly fundraiser on Thursday, March 16 at the Hi-Liner Activity Center. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for bingo, 50/50 raffle and prizes with concessions available. The event is open to the public, welcoming all to attend.
• Valley City Eagles Aerie meeting will be held at the club on March 16, 7:30 p.m.
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Chicken parmesan, baked potatoes, Key West Vegetables, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
Fri., Mar. 17
• Barnes County Senior Center meal and activities information: Corn beef & cabbage, potatoes and carrots, cookie. Fish alternative available, must specify by Thursday @ noon. 9:30 a.m. Bone Builders Exercise, 1 p.m. Bingo.
Sat., Mar. 18
• District 24 Republican Chairman Dan Johnston has called for a District 24 Republican re-organizational meeting on Saturday, March 18, 2:30pm, in the Dacotah Pavillion at Chatauqua Park, Valley City. Business to be conducted: the election of the executive committee as well as the executive officers.
• Dist 24 Republicans will host a St. Patrick’s Day Dinner on March 18, 5 p.m., Chautauqua Park in Valley City. All are invited to join for an authentic irish meal of corned beef and cabbage. Tickets are available by emailing email@example.com.