FUN AND FREE WHAT CAN YOU FIND FOR FREE AT WDW
Let’s face it, a family vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort is expensive. However, I still believe that dollar for dollar it’s a great value for all you can receive.
The key to getting the most bang for your Disney buck is to know all that is available to you for that premium vacation price. There are so many hidden treasures that seem like they should cost extra, but they don’t! That’s right, I’m talking about FREE.
Now sure, you’ve paid a pretty penny to get there and into the parks, but where many other destinations nickel and dime their visitors, Disney includes a whole slew of extra magic just there waiting to be enjoyed. Here is a list of my top 11 freebies at Disney World:
1. Ice Water: I’m sure many of you have heard by now that you can ask for and receive a cup of ice water at any Counter Service restaurant. Unlimited.
2. Cola Samples: Club Cool in Epcot’s Future World offers unlimited and self-serve tasting samples of Coca Cola products from around the globe.
3. Caramel Popcorn: Karamell-küche in Epcot’s Germany pavilion will supply you with a sample of their delicious Werther’s caramel corn.
4. Drawing Class: At the Art of Animation Resort, a Disney animator will teach you how to draw a Disney character. You do not have to be a guest of the resort to participate. Check with resort for available times.
5. Tours: Several of Disney’s Deluxe Resorts offer FREE guided tours! Lasting about an hour and often providing a Free tasty bonus, they are a wonderful way to learn more about Disney history and Imagineering. Disney’s Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge offer such tours for anyone, not just guests of the resort. Check with the resort or online for a times schedule.
11. Campfires & M arshmallow Roasting: Many Disney resorts offer nightly campfires with complimentary marshmallow roasting. However, probably the best version of this is the Chip & Dale’s Campfire Sing-a-long at the Fort Wilderness Resort. Meet Chip & Dale, sing songs, roast marshmallows (small fee here for those-s’mores kits available too) and take in a Disney movie under the stars right after!
This doesn’t even cover all of the free items to be found at Disney World, but that’s all part of that unplanned magic I’m always talking about. You just never know what free fun could be waiting for you around the next corner!