Bake-at-home Pizza Recipe from Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria:
Compliments of executive chef Charlie Restivo
This recipe will create two 8.5oz balls of dough that will make (2) 12-inch pizza crusts
3 cups flour (“00” or King Arthur bread flour)
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons yeast (fresh brewer’s yeast or dry active yeast)
1 1/4 cup room temperature water
To Make The Dough:
1. Add the yeast to the water and mix.
2. Add the salt to the flour and stir.
3. Transfer the water/yeast mixture to a mixing bowl, and then add the flour and salt to the bowl. Mix with your hands until it starts to come together.
4. Once the dough starts to come together, transfer to a floured work surface and knead with your hands for about 5 minutes until it starts to become elastic.
5. Divide the dough in half, form each into a ball, dust with flour, and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours, then refrigerate overnight.
To Make the Pizza:
1. Take the two dough balls and let them stand until they get to room temperature (about 20 minutes). At the same time, place a pizza stone into an oven and preheat to 500 degrees.
2. Transfer the dough balls to a large floured work surface.
3. Stretch the dough from the middle to the edges until you get a 12-inch pizza crust. Repeat for the second pizza.
4. Place one of the crusts onto a lightly floured pizza peel and add your favorite toppings.
5. When ready, carefully slide the pizza off the peel and onto the pizza stone, quickly closing the oven door (to reserve the heat).
6. Bake the pizza until the bottom has a nice golden brown color and the cheese is melted but not scorched (about 8-10 minutes depending on the oven).
7. Remove the pizza and let it cool slightly (just a minute or two) so that the cheese and toppings set. Using a pizza wheel or very sharp chef’s knife cut and enjoy.
Via Napoli is located in Epcot’s World Showcase in the Italy Pavilion. Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made up to 180-days in advance.