THE PHILADELPHIA FLOWER SHOW
The world’s largest flower show, the PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, runs March 11–19 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center with the theme “Holland: Flowering the World.” Use these handy tips from Lisa Stephano, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and work the flower show like a pro.
• ALL ABOUT TIMING “Visit the show first thing in morning or later in evening– hours are weekdays 10 am–9 pm and varying times on weekends starting as early as 8 am.”
• PICK UP THE RIGHT MATERIALS “Once inside, pick up a free show map to plot out your course. With more than 10 acres to cover, you want to be sure not to miss the floating flower fields or prizewinning orchids.”
• DON’T MISS THE FOOD AND DRINK ”Great eats and cocktails are plentiful. Pretend it’s summer and plan a “picnic” with your friends or reserve a table at the Garden Tea.“Tea tickets are available at www.theflowershow.com.
• TEND TO YOUR OWN GARDEN “Get your garden started with expert advice that is free for the asking. Visit the Gardener Studio for hourly demonstrations, stop by the Hort Information Booth to get your plant questions answered, and take home beautifully grown plants from Meadowbrook Farm at the PHS Store.”
• GET SOME R&R “Build some time into your schedule for a little R& R, Flower Show style. The new Garden Spa will massage away that tired feeling and provide soothing essential oils alongside a (wine)sipping lounge.” Spa tickets are available at www.theflowershow.com.