Women's Health (USA)
Rutabaga and Collard Green Curry
TOTAL: 1 HOUR 15 MIN
1 cup millet
1 Tbsp avocado or other neutral oil 3 lbs rutabaga, peeled and cut into 11/2-inch chunks
3 shallots, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, sliced 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp red curry paste
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 13.5-oz cans light coconut milk
1 medium bunch collard greens, stems discarded, leaves roughly chopped (about 5 cups)
2 Tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped Chopped peanuts and lime wedges
1. Cook millet per package directions.
2. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven on medium. Sauté rutabaga until beginning to turn golden, 15 minutes.
3. Stir in shallots and pepper and cook, covered, for 2 minutes. Move vegetables to sides of pan, add garlic to center and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add curry paste and cinnamon and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
4. Stir in coconut milk to dissolve curry paste, then stir into vegetables. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until rutabaga is just tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Transfer 1 cup liquid to a bowl; set aside. Stir collards into pan and cook, covered, until just tender, 3 minutes.
6. Gradually stir curry liquid and 1/2 tsp salt into peanut butter until smooth. Pour mixture back into pan along with basil. Serve curry over millet, top with peanuts, and serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: 581 cal, 22.5 g fat (13.5 g sat), 17 g protein, 817 mg sodium, 79 g carb, 22 g sugars (0 g added sugars), 16 g fiber