IDEAS FOR THE WORKPLACE
Our survey respondents provided a number of potential solutions to address sexual harassment on the job. The most frequently suggested ideas were:
• Courageous, honest conversations around sexual harassment need to occur at all levels and between all demographics.
• Create comprehensive education programs around sexual harassment at all levels.
• Organizations need to state clearly (after consulting with legal and HR departments) what behavior is acceptable in their workplaces.
• Organizations must admit they are not immune from harassing behavior and engage in appropriate awareness building at all levels.
• Creating and maintaining a culture of respect for the individual is key for senior management, and should be trickled down through all levels.
• Hold forums to enhance partnerships between men and women, and close the gap on perceptions of power.