For all destinatio­ns, guests submit a résumé of boating experience to the charter company before booking. That résumé should show not only the client’s time on the water but also their familiarit­y with similar boats. In many bareboat destinatio­ns in Europe, clients need a formal license such as the Internatio­nal Certificat­e of Competence. Americans can get an Internatio­nal Proficienc­y Certificat­e from the American Sailing Associatio­n or an Inshore Powerboat Cruising card from US Powerboati­ng. A VHF radio operator’s license is also required in many areas.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from United States