Irish Oysters in Mango Chilli Lassi
These are two of Thevar’s favourite things: oysters and lassi. In this dish, the flavours of the briny yet sweet oyster complements the alphonso mango and the hit of Kashmiri chilli rounds it all up.
Prep time 20 minutes
Mango lassi mix
• 1kg Alphonso mango
• 20g Kashmiri chilli powder
• 300g yoghurt
• 50g fresh coriander
• 50ml apple cider vinegar
• 20g Himalayan salt
1. In a Thermomix, blend all ingredients together until smooth.
2. Fine strain the mango lassi mix and set it aside.
• 1kg coriander leaves
• 300ml grapeseed oil
1. In a blender, blend all ingredients until it is well mixed.
2. In a pot, heat up coriander oil until it reaches 68°C.
3. Fine strain the coriander oil and set aside.
• 10 Irish oysters
• 50g green chilli, diced
• Kashmirir chilli powder
1. Shuck the fresh Irish oysters.
2. Sprinkle diced green chilli (about 2g) and pour mango lassi mix on the freshly shucked Irish oysters.
3. Dust Kashmiri chilli on one end of the oyster and place a drop of coriander oil on the other end. Serve.