We’re not saying ditch your sweet nature and become a meanie but in order to be kinder and more faithful to yourself, work on the following:
• Honour your own needs
and wants. Regular ‘me’ time in which you do whatever the heck you want is good for your mind, body and spirit.
• Say ‘no’ more often. People appreciate a friendly ‘I’m sorry
I can’t this time’ or ‘no thanks I have other plans’ a lot more than learning later you acted out of obligation. Besides, it’s empowering.
• Offer up your opinions especially on issues you feel strongly about. Debate is healthy; don’t
be afraid to stand your ground.
• Delegate. Let go of a little control both at work and at home – it takes a village after all!
• Be open if something’s bugging you. People aren’t mind readers. Suppressing your feelings prevents others from getting to know the real you and leaves them little room to offer support. • Accept help when it’s offered
instead of blowing it off.
• Remember, no one can take advantage of you unless you allow it!