my weekend in products
Stylist and Albus Lumen designer Marina Afonina keeps her beauty routine simple and chic
Albus Lumen’s Marina Afonina keeps her beauty routine as laid-back as her designs.
MARINA’S TIPS FOR…
a golden glow
1. The best shade of bronzer has next to no shimmer in it.
2. To find your perfect colour, look for one just a little darker than your natural tone.
3. A brush with natural hairs gives the most even coverage. And don’t forget to apply to your neck and chest, too.
1. Sensibio H₂O Solution Micellaire Make-up Removing Micelle Solution, $31.99, Bioderma, adorebeauty.com.au – “I have such sensitive skin – this is the only product that doesn’t irritate.” 2. Portrait Of A Lady, $294 for 50ml, Editions De Parfums Frédéric Malle, mecca.com.au – “Perfect for winter or on nights out – I always get asked what it is.” 3. Crema Hydrating Shampoo, $32.95, Terax, teraxhaircare.com.au. 4. Marine Stem Cell Repair Serum, $130, Karpati, karpatimedispa.com.au – “It’s water-based so not too heavy.” 5. “Un” Cover-up, $52, RMS, mecca.com.au – “So easy for touch-ups.”
6. Neroli 36, $264 for 50ml, Le Labo, mecca.com.au – “I love all the Le Labo scents – they’re light, effortlessly fragrant and never overpowering.” 7. H₂ Elemental Energy Firming Foam Mask, $72, Perricone
MD, mecca.com.au – “Since I turned 35, I’ve started to take better care of my skin. I use this twice a week and I swear it makes skin feel young and firm.” 8. Nail Lacquer in Passion, $19.95, OPI, 1800 812 663 – “It took me ages to find the perfect natural colour that isn’t too white or too pink. This shade is the closest match to skin.” 9. Nail Lacquer in Malaga Wine, $19.95, OPI, 1800 812 663 – “A classic burgundy, which I love for evenings.” 10. Bronzing Powder in Golden Light, $65, Bobbi Brown, bobbibrown.com.au – “It’s
perfectly light and subtle.”
11. Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara, $105, Chantecaille, mecca.com.au. 12. LB Cream, $31, The Base By Lara
Bingle, thebase.me – “I apply it every day for a tinted look and on holidays as an SPF moisturiser. It’s light and feels delicate on the skin.” 13. Hydrate Moisturizing Leave-in Conditioner, $32.95, Terax, teraxhaircare.com.au
– “I have fine hair that I also colour, so I need something nourishing. This is the best.” 14. Eye Brow Brush, $43, Eye Shadow in Slate, $42, both Bobbi Brown, bobbibrown.com.au – “I use these two to fill in my brows. It looks the most natural.” 15. Bio-cellulose Sensitive Mask, $42, Karpati, karpatimedispa.com.au
– “It makes me look dewy and fresh straight away – great after a long-haul flight or a particularly busy day.”