FIND MEANING EVERY DAY
Guidance on how to reflect and find purpose in each day
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED:
• Is it worth getting out of bed?
• Does my effort make any difference?
• Can I keep doing this over and over?
As human beings we strive for meaning and purpose and sometimes in our busyness and lists, we lose sight of the bigger picture. We forget what a difference we do make. It’s good to remind ourselves. One technique we highly recommend is to use The Map of Meaning; a beautiful way to explore meaning in your every day. The
Map of Meaning is a tool created from a PhD by Marjolein Lips-Wiersma. Use this outline to draw the Map on a sheet of paper, or create a Map you can walk round on the floor by using several sheets.
TAKE YOUR FOCUS AND STEP RIGHT INTO THE CENTER: 1. Inspiration.
Ask yourself, ‘what inspires me today’? Place your hand on your heart and feel what will bring your heart alive today.
2. Move your attention to Reality.
Ask yourself, ‘what must get done today’? Honestly prioritize and confidently create a list of things that are both important and urgent. Make sure that you create space for things that will make you feel alive.
NOW WALK ROUND THE FOUR QUADRANTS. FOCUS ON THE THING THAT INSPIRES YOU: 1. Expressing Full Potential.
• What do I have the opportunity to create today?
• What can I uniquely bring to this?
• What strengths can use I in this?
2. Integrity with Self.
• How could I be the best form of me in what I do?
• Is it time to speak up about something?
• What would today look like if I was even more true to myself?