Q products: A CUP OF TEA ANYONE?
AussieSencha Tea Australia's only locally-grown & certified organic greem sencha tea blends
Asian cultures have been drinking green tea for more than 2000 years and it is now well known that green tea improves cardiovascular health, reduces the risk of cancer and is a natural aid in weight loss regimes. Green tea, as with oolong and black tea comes from the same plant species, camellia sinensis, but green tea is steamed and fired straight after harvesting to stop the fermentation process, the oxidation of the leaf which gives oolong and black tea their distinct colour and flavour. This treatment of green tea therefore allows for better retention of more nutrients and a higher yield of antioxidants than fermented teas.
Since the development of green tea production in Victoria in 1994, there are five growers of which one is certified organic. Harvested in Victoria's high country and processed in Australia's only green tea processing plant in Wangaratta, Yarra Valley Tea Co. is the largest buyer of locally grown organic green tea in Australia. It is used exclusively for their unique green tea blends, Uncle Vic & Aunt Myrtle.
Packed full of antioxidants and restorative properties, Uncle vic pays homage to the traditional Japanese sencha tea with its vibrant green hue, cleaning aromatic taste and sweet tongue glosses.
Benefits: Weight Loss
- The polyphenols found in green teas work to increase our metabolism by burning more kilojoules throughout the day and increasing the body's ability to burn fat. - The rich blend of vitamins, minerals, caffeine, and antioxidants found in this green tea variety, along with an ample amount of caffeine, make it very effective as an energy-booster.
Boosts Energy Cardiovascular Health
- It is widely accepted that green tea is renowned for its antioxidant properties. The Heart Foundation encourages all Australian adults to drink green tea for optimal antioxidant intake.
- One cup of green tea contains 24-45 mg of caffeine compared to 95-200mg in the same serving size of coffee. Green tea additionally contains the amino acid L-theanine which has a relaxing but not sedating effect, making it an ideal afternoon boost that won't give you the jitters.
- The Cancer Council of Australia supports people drinking green tea as a rich source of antioxidants and important component of a healthy diet.
Reduced Coffee Intake Antioxidants AUNT MYRTLE:
Subtle, invigorating and rejuvenating, Aunt Myrtle is an Aussie twist on the traditional Japanese senchatea. Merging Queensland native lemon myrtle with Victoiran harvested greentea leaves, Aunt Myrtle serves as a delightful mid-morning comforter or late afternoon pick-me-up!
Benefits: Nature's Superfood
- Traditionally considered Australian bush tucker, lemon myrtle has a long list of reputed benefits. It is high in antioxidants and known for its antiviral, antifungal and antiseptic properties, and is helpful in supporting the immune system.
- A natural skin booster, lemon myrtle has been reported to help both acne and skin blemishes and assist with cellulite fighting.
- Revered for general wellbeing, lemon myrtle has been known to assist with the prevention and management of colds and flu, aches and pains, headaches and nervous system related concerns.
- Lemon myrtle leaves contain a high concentration of citral, which imparts the fragrant aroma and flavour. The essential oils in lemon myrtle are more than 90% citral compared to the 10% citral found in lemon and limes.
- Green tea and lemon Mmyrtle pack a powerful combination of health benefits. Together they are uplifting, refreshing and equally relaxing; imparting a flavourful lemon zing to a background of grassy green.
Beauty in a Cup Tonic Tea Citral Punch Power Couple
Available nationally at www.yarravalleytea.com.au