PUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE TO THE TEST
Melt your brain with awesome facts!
1. Prevailing sea conditions tend to push the sand of Eastern Australian beaches in which direction?
2. Which species is the largest, landbased mammalian carnivore ever to have lived?
3. Depicted as rising from the sea in a clam shell, which Greek goddess has a name meaning “from the foam”?
4. A solid geological material made entirely of organic matter, kerogen is a precursor to what vital substance?
5. Which dwarf planet was classified as a full planet from its discovery in 1801, up until 1850? 6. After the Mexican Revolution from 19101920, the cockroach in the folk song “La Cucaracha” can no longer walk because it doesn’t have what?
7. What travels at an almost constant speed of 27,600 km/h but can never get any closer to you than about 408 kilometres?
8. The US Lockheed Martin F-22 and F-35, the Russian Sukhoi Su-57 and the Chinese Chengdu J-20 are all examples of 5th generation what?
9. Found in South-East Asia, is the bearcat, or binturong (see picture), a bear or a cat?
10. Which kind of generator technology produces over 60% of Canada’s electricity?