A CURRAJONG family could lose their house and car after their only source of income went up in flames.
Nick Crisafulli had been casually employed at Townsville Laundries at Garbutt since November – but his life was thrown into chaos just two hours after he finished his shift last Wednesday when a fierce blazed ripped through the commercial laundry.
“I could see the smoke and orange glow from my back veranda and then I saw the photos on Facebook and I was just devastated,” Mr Crisafulli said.
“Business was heavy at the time with a lot of linen because of the holidays and the V8s.
“But it’s just gone from one day you’re working to the next day you’re not.”
Mr Crisafulli and his partner Willow Howarth, who is almost 38 weeks pregnant, had been living pay cheque to pay cheque on less than $ 700 a week while raising two- yearold son Tayte.
But now they are relying on * Paper + Cape DVD + Case Centrelink payments and d if Mr Crisafulli doesn’t find work his family will have to leave Townsville.
“We are now late on payments with our car, we are on a strict payment plan with our electricity so our power might get cut, and we could lose everything,” Mr Crisafulli said.
Mr Crisafulli has concrete, factory and labouring experience and said he was willing to undergo training to get a job. “I will do anything,’’ he said. Queensland Fire and Emergency Service Special Operations Unit inspector Stephen Knight said officers were able to enter the burnt- out laundry on Friday to undertake preliminary investigations.
To contact Mr Crisafulli about employment opportunities call 0407 128 505.
DESPERATE: Nick Crisafulli with partner Willow Howarth, who is 37 weeks pregnant, and son Tayte Crisafulli, 2; ( inset) the Townsville Laundries fire last week.