There are One&Only resorts in the Maldives, Mauritius, Dubai, The Bahamas, Mexico, Africa and Australia. Seven more are in development. One&Only Sanya in China and One&Only Seef in Bahrain are expected to open this year; One&Only Portonovi in Montenegro and One&Only Gorilla’s Nest in Rwanda are due to open next year.
• The Bahamas: One&Only Ocean Club
Remarkable for terraced gardens; beach concierge; Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Dune restaurant. • Mexico: One&Only Palmilla
Remarkable for a 27-hole Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course; lavish beachfront suites.
• Mauritius: One&Only Le Saint Géran
Remarkable for its water sports: kayaking, sailing, water skiing; scuba diving and deep-sea fishing. • Maldives: One&Only Reethi Rah
Remarkable for its 12 powdery white-sand beaches; overwater Ayurvedic treatment suites.
• Africa: One&Only Cape Town
Remarkable for innovative Japanese cuisine at Nobu; oversized egg-shaped stone tubs.
• Australia: Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley Remarkable for its proximity to the Blue Mountains, Australian bush and horse-riding trails.
• One&Only Resorts: oneandonlyresorts.com