Ex-Mongol given bail
A FORMER Mongols bikie who allegedly stalked his wife for about a month has been granted bail.
The 44-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, repeatedly visited his former partner’s home in breach of court orders banning him from approaching his ex-wife.
He was granted bail in the Southport Magistrates Court yesterday where he faced charges of stalking, wilful damage and breaching a court order.
The former Mongol was accused of arrived at the home on at least five occasions in the last month were he allegedly attempted to speak with his former partner.
Defence lawyer Campbell McCallum said his client was not violent.
“The only real threat of violence was when he allegedly invited the complainant’s partner for a fight,” he said.
But the bikie allegedly moved the CCTV cameras at his ex-wife’s home in order to avoid being detected on the premises.
The visits began in early September and continued until police arrested the man on Wednesday.
“It was an amicable split.” The man was granted bail and the matter will return to court on December 1.