In kings county
• Pool – 7 p.m. at Berwick Legion. Round robin format. Cost: $3 to play; cash prize to winner and an ongoing cookie jar.
• Volunteer Leadership Symposium – Kingstec, NSCC, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Brought to you by the Kings Volunteer Resource Centre; registration and networking from 8-9 a.m. Pre-registration is required and space is limited. Register at: https://tpr2017.eventbrite.ca. • Chase the ace - continues every Wednesday, 5 p.m., at the Wolfville and District Lions Club, 36 Elm Ave. Draw shortly after 8 p.m. Come early to have a snack from our grill or play cards with friends.
• Outreach Community Gardens – 10 a.m.–12 p.m. at the Kingston United Baptist Church backyard, annual Seniors Musical - 1:30–3 p.m. at the Canning Lions Hall. 50/50, tickets on birdhouse, door prizes and refreshments • Kings-kikima Grannies Jewelry Sale – at Festival Theatre, Wolfville, Anne and Gilbert – the Musical. The Grannies will donate to the Stage Prophets for their projects and to orphans raised by their Grannies in Kikima, Kenya. Event runs until May 21. ville Ravine walk. Take Exit 12 off Highway 101, New Minas, and meet at the carpool parking lot on Prospect Road. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. for walking at 10 a.m. This is a 10 km, 3C walk. Info: 902-538-5858.
• Big Breakfast – at the Wolfville and District Lions Club located at 36 Elm Ave. from 7-10 a.m. Cost: $7 for adults and $4 for children under 10.
• Flea Market – at the Scott’s
Bay Community Hall from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Table rental is $5 (contact 902-582-7489). Canteen on site. Also at the Seaside Centre there will be a rummage sale. Rummage sold at $5 for a bag. • the Good Neighbour Club’s Big Breakfast – at the Centreville Community Hall from 7-10:30 a.m. Freewill offering.
• Benefit Show - for Wayne and Dorothy Mahaney, 7 p.m. at the North Alton Baptist Church ARC. Bake table and refreshments • Breakfast - Coldbrook Lions all you can eat breakfast, 8-10:30 a.m. at the Coldbrook Lions Hall adults $; 3-12 years $3; under three free
• Coldbrook Lions dance - 9 p.m.–12 a.m. $7 per person. Music by RTE 12 For information call 902-678-8406
• Kentville Legion dance - 9 p.m. $7 non-member, $5 member, must be 19 and over and must present your card. Bar and kitchen available. Music by Still Doin Time
• Chase the ace - every Saturday at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 098 in Kingston. Tickets three for $5, on sale 1-3 p.m. Draw will take place by 3:30 p.m. Must be 19 years of age to play. • Breakfast - at the Aylesford United Church 8- 11 a.m. Freewill offering. Sponsored by the Committee of Stewards for church expenses.
• Breakfast - St. James Anglican Church monthly breakfast 8-10 a.m. Freewill offering; minimum donation $7.
• Big Breakfast - Wolfville & District Lions Club, 36 Elm Ave. $7 for adults and $4 for children under 10.
• yard Sale - rain or shine, 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m., St. James Anglican Church, corner of Prospect Ave. and Main St., Kentville. Hotdogs and cold drinks.
• Flea Market - 9 a.m.– 3 p.m. at the Rebekah Lodge Hall, 149 Cottage St., Berwick. Admission $1. Canteen available • Skip-bo - from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Bridgetown & Area Library. Meet in the Devenney Room of the library and enjoy a lively game or two of Skip-bo with other enthusiasts. For Adults. Please call the library for details at 902-665-2758.
• Weekly Music – Port Royal Legion, Branch #21 in Annapolis Royal will host Caroline & Me 8 -10 p.m. great music weekly with no cover charge. Don’t forget our Chase the Ace Draw 8p.m. sharp, • Ninth annual Blackfly Music Festival - from 1 to 10 p.m. at the Port Royal Legion, Branch #21 in Annapolis Royal for our annual celebration of our perennial pest, the black fly. $7 cover for the whole day! Barbecue available from 12 to 7 p.m. Check our Facebook page for updated info. Open to everyone 19+.
• Saturday Siminar “My Choice Plants” for the Rare and unusual Plant Sale - 5 p.m. at the Annapolis Royal Fire Hall. Preregistration required $40, wine and cheese $20 • annual Plant and Bake Sale
- West Paradise Community Hall, Highway 201. 8:30 a.m - noon perennials, some annuals, houseplants and our bake table is loaded for your selections. • Eighth Annual Sunday Sale. Free entry / plenty of parking / rain or shine. 1 to 4 p.m. at the Farmers • Musical - St. Joseph’s Stage Prophets present Anne & Gilbert at the Festival Theatre, Wolfville. Tickets for 7 p.m. evening performances and Saturday and Sunday matinee shows available online, email@example.com, the Acadia Box Office, Box of Delights Wolfville and Occasions Gifts and Décor Kentville. • Fireflies Luncheon - Due to the Provincial Election, the Middleton Fireflies Luncheon will be at the Fire Hall from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. the last one until Fall. Tour choice of chili $9., corn chowder $8, or beef vegetable soup $8 or choose from limited amounts of split pea and chicken vegetable soups. Desserts will be blueberry, chocolate, and carrot cake. Free delivery in the Middleton area by calling 902-825-3062 and leaving a message by May 22. • dungeons and dragons - from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Bridgetown & Area Library. Calling all warrior ages 14 – 17.
• AVHS annual general meeting
- 7:30 p.m. at the Annapolis Valley Macdonald Museum, 21 School
St, Middleton. Special guest will be local photographer Paul Illsley presenting “A Bird’s Eye View of the Annapolis Valley and Fundy Coastal Communities” featuring his aerial photos. Potluck desserts to follow. Please call the museum at 825-6116 if you can contribute a dessert or for more information. No admission charged. • Middleton and district Rink Commission AGM - on Wednesday, May 24 at 7 pm at the Arena. End-ofyear reports and election.