Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti
2 cups all-purpose flour ½ cup cocoa powder 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt ¾ stick butter (6 tbsp), softened ¾ cup sugar 2 eggs 1 cup walnuts, chopped ½ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a cookie sheet, knocking off any excess flour. Set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until combined, about 30 seconds. Add eggs and beat until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the flour mixture.
4. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
5. Halve the dough. With floured hands form each half into flattened 30 cm x 6 cm logs, and set them 6 cm apart on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 35 minutes, until firm. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
7. Cut the logs into 2 cm slices and place back onto the sheet.
8. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, then remove and let cool completely.