• Jason (Jay) Cousins, 35, of Scotchtown, remains in the surgical intensive- care unit at Regina General Hospital paralyzed from the chest down, following a single-vehicle accident July 7 in Bethune, Sask. He was on his way to Red Deer, Alta., to start a new life.
• Parents Jean and Melvin Cousins are by their son’s side. Their only other child, daughter Starlette Cousins-Thomas, 44, died of Crohn’s disease in February.
• Close family friend Laurie Carrigan started a GoFundMe at http://www.gofundme.com/ywc5tw to help Jay’s parents stay with their son.
• People can also donate to the family at any branch of the Royal Bank in Canada: Transit No. 05173, branch No. 003, account No. 5029111.
• Cards can be mailed to Jay Cousins at Regina General Hospital, c/o Jason (Jay) Cousins, surgical intensive- care unit, room 1, 1440 14th Ave., Regina, Sask.