BULLETIN BOARD SERVICE
The religious community’s bulletin board of activities appears each Saturday in The Herald.
• Autumn Magic: An Evening of Opera Scenes and Choral Works will take place Oct. 13 at 7:30 p.m. St. Augustine’s Church, 411 11 St. S. The concert will feature the University of Lethbridge Opera Workshop under Blaine Hendsbee and the University Singers, under Janet Youngdahl. No entry fee for the concert, but a freewill donation will be accepted. All proceeds will go to help two Syrian refugee families settle in our city.
• All women are invited to a program and brunch Oct. 16 at 9:30 a.m. at Luigi’s Restaurant in Taber. Come and shop at a Fall Fair for crafts, baking, gifts and more. Also featuring soloist Dana Wall from Vauxhall, and inspirational speaker Elaine McDonald from Calgary, as she talks about “A Changed Life.” Cost is $15 per person. Reservations can be made by calling Jane at 403223-1435 or Sylvia at 403-416-5075, or email email@example.com. Cancellations necessary by noon Oct. 15. Sponsored by Taber Christian Women’s, affiliated with RSVP Ministries Canada. Everyone is welcome.
• An Oasis Day will take place Oct. 16 at Martha Retreat Centre from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. During this day we will reflect on how easy it is to be grateful for the many gifts we receive. Also, we will consider how we respond with gratitude in our everyday trials. Facilitators: Ellen Wagner and Pat Boehm. For information or to register, phone 403328-3422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. • Introductory Workshop on Centering Prayer will be offered Oct. 20 from 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at Martha Retreat Centre, 1130 Scenic Drive S. This Christian prayer form is a way of letting go, and growing in the ability to wait upon and rest in God’s presence. Facilitator: Pat Boehm. Cost: $50 (Includes lunch). For information or to register, phone 403-328-3422 or email email@example.com. • A Retreat for First Nations Women will be held Friday, Oct. 26, beginning at 7:30 p.m. until
Saturday, Oct. 27 at 4 p.m. at Martha Retreat Centre, 1130 Scenic Drive S. This retreat provides an opportunity for First Nations women to step away from the busyness of life and take time for discussion, silence and prayer. Cost: $90. Facilitators: Annette Bruised Head and Sherri Eagle Plume. For information or to register, phone 403328-3422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Centering Prayer takes place Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. at Martha Retreat Centre, 1130 Scenic Drive S. Facilitator: Pat Boehm.
• Do you like to sing? Men, young and older alike, are encouraged to join the Lethbridge Christian Men's Choir. The choir presents Christmas and spring concerts each year. Practices run each Thursday, 7:30-9 p.m. at Trinity Reformed Church, 1100 40 Ave. N. The choir also performs throughout the year at senior complexes or hospitals if possible. A great time for men to get together and bring the message of Jesus Christ in song to listeners. For more information, call Peter at 403-328-7985.
• Celebrate Recovery — a Christ-centred recovery program for any hurt, hang-up and habit, meets Friday nights at Park Meadows Baptist
Church, 2011 15 Ave. N. 6 p.m. - supper ($3); 7 p.m. - large group; 8 p.m. - open share small groups; 9 p.m. - Solid Rock Cafe. email email@example.com for more information or visit http://celebraterecovery.ca/wp/. • An interfaith devotional gathering is held Sundays from 1-3 p.m. at the Baha’i Information Centre, #2, 310 12 St. S. Includes prayers and readings from various faiths followed by discussion. Everyone is welcome. Details: 403-3948888.
• The Missions Thrift Store, located at 1004 1 Ave. S., is open Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Profits go toward mission work and Bibles for people in China and other Asian countries. Phone 403-327-3199.
• The MCC Thrift Shop, located at 1117 2 Ave. “A” N., features Level Ground Fair Trade coffee, formerly carried by Ten Thousand Villages. Proceeds from the store go to support poverty reduction projects around the world through Mennonite Central Committee. The shop is open
Monday to Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There will be 50 per cent off on the last business day and second Saturday of each month. For more information, call 403-329-4808. Online: www.facebook.com/mccthrift/lethbridge or thrift.mcc.org/lethbridge-mcc-thriftshop/home. • Coaldale United Church operates Ye Old Thrift
Shoppe Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2022 18 St., Coaldale. Most clothing at $2 or less and miscellaneous items at reasonable prices (no large furniture). Donations of smaller household items and clothing — clean and in good condition — are appreciated. For more information, call 403345-3240. Send Faith Today items to Dave Sulz, The Herald, Box 670, Lethbridge, T1J 3Z7; fax 403-328-4536; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.