Three treated for car­bon monox­ide poi­son­ing in Win­nipeg

Regina Leader-Post - - CITY + REGION -

Three peo­ple are in sta­ble WIN­NIPEG con­di­tion af­ter be­ing treated for car­bon monox­ide poi­son­ing they suf­fered in their Win­nipeg home.

Win­nipeg Fire Para­medic Ser­vice said first re­spon­ders were called to the home for a med­i­cal emer­gency around 10:30 p.m. Sun­day night.

When they en­tered the home, they found it had a level of car­bon monox­ide so high they said it could cause death in less than an hour.

Fire of­fi­cials said a gas gen­er­a­tor be­ing op­er­ated in the home caused the deadly lev­els of the odour­less, colour­less gas.

Of­fi­cials are urg­ing the pub­lic to have work­ing car­bon monox­ide de­tec­tors in their homes and to check them reg­u­larly.

The home has since been ven­ti­lated and is safe to en­ter.

Comments

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.