Find Your Moonshot with Five Questions
1. How are the limits to value creation in your business model anchored in ideas from the past?
2. What new ideas — enabled by current technology and the aspirations of the next generation of leaders in your organization—have the potential to shape breakthrough value?
3. What are the implications of your organization’s mission, values, and purpose in light of these new ideas? If your organization were unconstrained by the past, what would be the best way to fulfill its mission over the next five to ten years?
4. Working with key stakeholders, can you identify an aspirational, inspiring, inspired goal on a five-to-ten year horizon that will stretch the organization but that, if successful, will cement its leadership for the future?
5. Is the goal sufficient to drive stakeholders to renegotiate their engagement with the organization on new terms? Is there enough value in the goal to go around?